Views Missing

NobodyAtAll
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

NobodyAtAll

Hi,

I've been through the excellent set up guides and I'm not sure if I'm missing something here.  

As  I understand it, MB3 Server produces Views based on the collection type selected when adding a media collection under the Default Media Library menu.  Hence Views for general or mixed content, adult videos, books, box sets, games, home videos, movies,  music, music videos, photos, trailers and TV shows should become available as long as one or more media collection has been tagged as such.

I have Views for 'Movies', 'TV' and 'Music' (even though none of my collections are tagged as Music) but am missing Views for 'General or Mixed Content' and 'Adult Videos' even though some of my media collections are tagged as such.  Any idea how I get them to show up?

Also the Roku client appears to list Views and not Collections.  Is it possible to have it do both or just Collections?  I'll post this question in the Roku section as well.

Thanks for a great product and any help you can give with the above questions.

NobodyAtAll

The collection type enables the possibility of special views for special types and makes it easier for the server to identify content.  The views you see are the only ones currently implemented in any interfaces.

Which guide gave you the impression that the others should exist?

NobodyAtAll

Thanks ebr,

My faulty logic came from reading the 'MB3 Server - Using the Web Client' guide and specifically the text that states:

Views

Well, in "View" menu, will display all the items based on it category type, let say the "Movies", no matter where it is in all of your collections, if it is a movie, then it will display it. This is based on the content type you specified when creating your collections.

To make it more clear, let say I have movies in my collections "Movies", "Old Movies", and "Offline", then in the View menu for movies, I will see them all.

"TV Shows" will display any tv series that I have in any media collections I have, as I have them in the collections: Animation, Doc, TV series, etc.

Also the following image which  shows a games View.  I don't have anything tagged as games on my system and didn't expect to see this VIew; but the image in combination with the above text did lead me to believe that other views are available beyond the Movies, TV and Music that I am seeing.

525817a3788b9_Abo2mb3serverwc8.jpg

Any idea if or when other views will be implemented?

Thanks for your help and input - this seems like a friendly community with a great product.

NobodyAtAll

• Solution

Games and Books, I think are the other ones implemented at this point (Books may only be planned right now).  Not sure what the plans are for any more in the web client but other clients may have more.

NobodyAtAll

Thanks ebr,

I'll sit tight and enjoy how MB3 develops over the coming months.  Now that I know, I'll stop fiddling with Server to try and make the Views come up...  :rolleyes:

NobodyAtAll

johnchimpo

The collection type enables the possibility of special views for special types and makes it easier for the server to identify content.  The views you see are the only ones currently implemented in any interfaces.

Which guide gave you the impression that the others should exist?

On a related questions - I've added collections for "Sports" and "Concerts", etc and classified them as General content, since I wouldn't want them lumped in with movies (they are not subfolders within the movies collection). However in the webclient they both appear in the Movies view. This is quite annoying. Any work around so they aren't appearing there or plans to prevent collections from appear in certain views.

CWNashvegas

Just wanted to note that I have added a clarification to the Guide to make this clearer. Thank you for pointing out that it needed further explanation! :)

Edited by Knowledge Base