Recent Slowdowns

sundevil67

sundevil67

Anyone else noticing more delays & crap-outs loading libraries on iOS or Amazon Fire? Lately I'm finding that I'm having to restart the app quite often in both environments & spending a lot more time staring at the spinner graphic.

levander

I have the same problem in 4.5.3. and now in 4.5.4. as well. Browsing and searching in web app is very slow and Apple TV app responds slow when connecting. 

sundevil67

I updated & it's worse than ever. Sometimes I get lucky but for the most part it just hangs on everything. I can't even get to my settings dashboard most of the time to even attempt to export a log. I'll try again now & leave it alone for an hour while I go get dinner.

Edited by sundevil67

sundevil67

Oddly enough, a reboot & a complete refresh of my TV guide & M3U file, and now it's zipping along like new. I don't want to jinx it, but looks like it's more than fixed, it's turbo-charged. 🍻

5 hours ago, levander said:

You have some really slow responses here right after starting the server, which do not look normal at all. These releases are maintenance releases and would not have caused this degree of slowdown. You may want to consider checking your hard drive for errors and/or looking up the database vacuum technique that is mentioned here in the forum.

levander
20 minutes ago, Luke said:

You have some really slow responses here right after starting the server, which do not look normal at all. These releases are maintenance releases and would not have caused this degree of slowdown. You may want to consider checking your hard drive for errors and/or looking up the database vacuum technique that is mentioned here in the forum.

With 4.5.1.0 version I dont experience such slow responses, so hard drive problem is obviously not an issue. I already tried vacuuming the database after 4.5.3. but it didn’t help. Apart from that I still have unresolved this issue: 

Is there a way to check the integrity of library?

sundevil67
On 12/18/2020 at 10:21 AM, sundevil67 said:

Oddly enough, a reboot & a complete refresh of my TV guide & M3U file, and now it's zipping along like new. I don't want to jinx it, but looks like it's more than fixed, it's turbo-charged. 🍻

I think I spoke too soon...This was after using the web app; still having bigtime troubles on Fire & iOS. Web app much improved (though still not perfect with the LiveTV, at least my library is zippy)...but on the TV or iPad, I'm watching a spinner.

45 minutes ago, sundevil67 said:

I think I spoke too soon...This was after using the web app; still having bigtime troubles on Fire & iOS. Web app much improved (though still not perfect with the LiveTV, at least my library is zippy)...but on the TV or iPad, I'm watching a spinner.

Hi there, we're happy to help. Please see how to report a problem. Thanks.

sundevil67

It's one of those things I don't think there's much that can be done from my end anyway...The iOS/Fire apps either hang on the spinner indefinitely, or I relaunch the app & my libraries pop right up. It seems like it's getting a little better strangely enough, requiring fewer of those restarts. These issues don't seem to affect the web app.