Showcase Featured Movie / TV Show (like Netflix)

KobayashiM

KobayashiM

I would love to have the option of displaying a large banner-like image at the top of the homepage to showcase featured titles like Netflix does.

Configuration options:

• Display image or video
  • Play trailer w/ mute toggle switch
  • Rotating list based on release date, newly added or custom
  • Enable on homepage and/or within each category

Thanks and keep up the great work! I look forward to seeing Emby's continuing evolution.

• Like 5

seanbuff

Yeah I support this feature, I think it will allow for easier discovery of items other users may not be aware of (i have some lazy users who expect everything to be upfront on the home screen)

Here's something I mocked up real quick to help visualize the "concept"

88683041_HomeScreenFeatured.thumb.png.bc746e3a8d61b9bce7a9f1e9548bd9e6.png

• Like 1

There is already something like this, but only in TV - TV Horizontal Mode. The left section is an automatically changing suggestion panel, where it has The Killing atm.

image.thumb.png.cf5153e5a3d985e88bdaff71dd96da17.png

seanbuff
3 minutes ago, kaj said:

There is already something like this, but only in TV - TV Horizontal Mode

I guess the big difference being that in Theater it is currently completely random.

The point of this 'Featured' showcase is that it can be somewhat controlled via various mechanisms allowing the admin to display what they feel should be showcased at any one time.

MBSki

The Android TV app has something similar right now. It's not exactly the same as it provides a "feature view" based on the content you select. I would hope the other apps at least get this view.

image.thumb.png.15bec4020e728ba25aa895159f31cf50.png