[Feature Request] Correct end time and chapters on multiple versions on same movie

ahbi_santini

ahbi_santini

Here is the scenario:

You have 2 versions of the same movie, a director's cut and a theatrical cut.

Director's Cut is 2:14  with 18 chapters

Theatrical Cut is 1:48 with 16 chapters.

In the client UI (both web and Roku, and I assume all others), in the movie details page the time/length element, "Ends at" element, and all the chapters (number, thumbnails, etc.) are based on the 1st version alphabetically.

So, for our example, it would show a length of 2:14.  If it was 07:00 the End At would be 9:14, and there would be 18 thumbnails for the chapters.  ... as the Director's cut is the 1st version.

This doesn't change even if you use the Version pull down menu to select the other version.  I suspect Emby is basing the length (and hence the Ends At) off the metadata not the file itself.

I would like the UI to change those 3 fields base don the selected version in the pull down menu.

So it starts off with  length of 2:14.  If it was 07:00 the End At would be 9:14, and there would be 18 thumbnails for the chapters.

But, if I switch to Theatrical, the UI switches to length of 1:48.  If it was 07:00 am the End At would be 8:48, and there would be 1_6_ thumbnails for the chapters.

Thanks

• Like 4

ahbi_santini

Just realized I put this in the wrong forum, but I am not able to see how to either delete or move this.  If an Admin would please move it to the right forum for me?  Thanks and sorry.