New Emby and Premier User

Manunka

A new Emby with Premier User

A few weeks ago i got my new Synology NAS up and running. I am using docker to host a few services. One of them is emby. I wanted to have a media server and looked for an alternative to plex (which i didnt like for some reasons). I worked myself through a guide to set up a traefik reverse proxy and emby and a few other things. I have to say i was pretty pleased with emby, thats why i decided to give it a shot and buy myself into premier to use the apps. Every Android Device is working fine. (Mobile Phones, Nvidia Shield, Tablets). Even the Windowsapp works with no issues at all. But me and one of my childs are using an iphone. Both devices are able to connect to the server. But if we choose our users and get prompted for the password it says user/password wrong. But they aren‘t ... they work on other devices and on the webclients.
anyone else have that problem ? i googled a bit today, but didnt find a solution or workaround. Maybe someone has solved it alteady ?

Edited by Manunka

11 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, what versions of the iOS app do you have installed? What versions of iOS are on the devices?

Devices: iPhone 11 Pro & iPhone 11

Tested iOS Versions: 14.0 (iPhone 11), iOS 14.2 (iPhone 11 Pro) and 14.3 (released today so i made the update .. iPhone 11 Pro)

App: Emby from Emby Media; Version 2.0.1

Tested now the beta app. Didnt solve my problem.

I‘ve set now my user to be invisible to remote logins. It was still in my app. (i am not in my home network).

i changed it back, and hid the local user. Now my user was gone in the app.

Maybe you can do something with it. Do i have a wrong configuration? Is it because of the reverse proxy i am using ? But why do i have these problems only on ios and not on windows or android ?

Edited by Manunka

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, are you still running into this? This looks like your iOS devices are unable to reach our admin domain, mb3admin.com.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, aph3x said:

I have run into this exact problem. Did anybody ever find root cause?

Hi.  It is usually this:

On 12/24/2020 at 9:41 PM, Luke said:

This looks like your iOS devices are unable to reach our admin domain, mb3admin.com.

But, what, exactly, is the problem you are having?

I tested it on my laptop as well and it appears to be failing the secondary authentication to my server login. I am serving emby through docker with traefik as a reverse proxy using Cloudflare certs. All is reachable and I can login directly to my server's URL but when I try to login through the app from iOS or Firefox, the result is the same. It denies my login and states that the password is incorrect.

The first step in trying to diagnose this would be to remove the proxy and have Cloudflare talk directly to Emby.

If this works then you know it's proxy issue and will know where to start looking.

Please try this and let us know how you make out.

If you like you could create a user on your server and give it access to a test library.
Then add my username "Cayars" to this test user in the optional Emby Connect field.

I could then try with Firefox to login and get a quick look before you make any changes.
It's not likely but maybe I might see something.

I would agree, most likely a proxy issue. I am very surprised that searches do not turn up more people with similar issues as my Traefik and Cloudflare configurations have been rock solid for months now. Have you seen many users that are using Traefik, Cloudflare, and Emby premier, I am wondering if they place nice together or not? My certificate is good.

56 minutes ago, aph3x said:

I would agree, most likely a proxy issue. I am very surprised that searches do not turn up more people with similar issues as my Traefik and Cloudflare configurations have been rock solid for months now. Have you seen many users that are using Traefik, Cloudflare, and Emby premier, I am wondering if they place nice together or not? My certificate is good.

Hi, no, there's no interaction between emby premiere and your server ssl setup.