Samsung galaxy tab A7 2020 server transcodes hevc main 10 bt709

rouq

Hi

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 2020 (model SM-T500).  Emby server transocde the video stream on HEVC main 10 SDR (bt709).  Reason: video profile not supported.  However, if I download the same video (original format), emby play it locally without issue.

Reading from server:

SamsungGalaxyA72020_transcode.thumb.png.d53d818705b566f857e53d4b09fd0691.png

Download version;

SamsungGalaxyA72020_local.thumb.png.daf702a2198ddfdd0de0c430c68f208d.png

Attached ffmpeg logs and server logs.

Emby server: 4.5.3.0

Android mobile client: 3.1.69

Is it possible to edit the client profile on the server and add this to direct play support?

thank you.

ffmpeg-transcode-2e76bc19-621b-4cfa-afc9-4a9351fe5251_1.txt embyserver.txt

Edited by rouq

• 4 months later...
Dibbes

Was this ever resolved? I'm looking to get a couple for my boys as a replacement for the old iPads (as there's no Emby support for that anymore) and I don't really think it's worth spending more for a couple of 3yr and 5yr old boys...

23 hours ago, Dibbes said:

Was this ever resolved? I'm looking to get a couple for my boys as a replacement for the old iPads (as there's no Emby support for that anymore) and I don't really think it's worth spending more for a couple of 3yr and 5yr old boys...

Yes, it's been resolved.

About the tablet, it's a very good device.  I mainly use it to watch tv shows with emby during transit. The only minor thing I would say about it, the display reflects a lot of light and the display could be a little more bright.  Most of the time is perfectly fine, inside, no issue.  But outside, sometime I would like a brighter screen.

Edited by rouq
  • Like 2