Streaming of bluray (.iso) files

DParsons

DParsons

Using Media Browser Classic, for media center, the playing of blurays (.ISO) files is handled by Daemon Player (or other vitual CD emulator software). In the configuration it must be set up and uses the autoplay function then Media Browser will play (.ISO) files with no problem. While streaming from my computer to a remote location they will not play. Does anyone know why this and is there a solution to playing these types of files remotely.

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue I am trying seach for info on it. Playing on the server through MB classic works when it mounts the iso and hands over to TMT to play. When I use MB Theatre and just got a Roku 3 and trying that, they don't play. I can pay DVD ISO's but not Bluray it seems. they just display  multi coloured lines and garbage all over the place (not video pixels).

If I work it out I will update

Edited by shawnf
  • Like 1

Deathsquirrel

ISO support is experimental.  Everyone on the board recommends using MKV if you want full audio and video quality or MKV/MP4 if you plan to reencode.  Recommend strongly against using ISO.

• Like 1

I have the same issue I am trying seach for info on it. Playing on the server through MB classic works when it mounts the iso and hands over to TMT to play. When I use MB Theatre and just got a Roku 3 and trying that, they don't play. I can pay DVD ISO's but not Bluray it seems. they just display  multi coloured lines and garbage all over the place (not video pixels).

If I work it out I will update

Let me know if you get anywhere with this. The lack of responses to this post tells me that MB doesn't seem to have a solution to this issue. I was using Orb and it would play them, although in a streaming format, so I assumed that MB would not have any issues with them. If your computer can play them then it should be able to stream them also I would think.

Let me know if you get anywhere with this. The lack of responses to this post tells me that MB doesn't seem to have a solution to this issue. I was using Orb and it would play them, although in a streaming format, so I assumed that MB would not have any issues with them. If your computer can play them then it should be able to stream them also I would think.

No, with a format like ISO it is not that simple.  That is an optical disc format and was never meant for streaming to mobile devices.  If you wish better support for that, you should investigate moving your items to other containers (mkv/mp4).

• Like 1

No, with a format like ISO it is not that simple.  That is an optical disc format and was never meant for streaming to mobile devices.  If you wish better support for that, you should investigate moving your items to other containers (mkv/mp4).

Thanks, most of my videos are in .mkv, and work fine. I was just trying to find a solution to the few .iso/bluray files that I have. Not much of an issue really just wondering if it could be done:)

Correction to the comments here - ISO is fully supported from our traditional HTPC clients.

Attempting to stream and transcode the contents of an Iso to mobile clients and roku is experimental.

• Like 1

Thanks for this info. I found some bluray's I could stream just fine (to both MB Theatre and Roku) and others I couldn't.

I will stop looks for a solution that isn't there :)