Is there a way to identify the different versions on the next up page?

soultaco83
Go to solution Solved by soultaco83,

soultaco83

I host both the subbed version and dubbed versions of anime. These are setup as 2 separate libraries. One under a folder called Anime Subbed and the other under Anime Dubbed. When I watch an anime that is both dubbed and subbed at this time I do not see a while to differentiate between the 2 versions besides playing the file. I added dubbed to the end of every folder that has the dubbed anime as well as added [Subbed] and [Dubbed] to the end of each mkv file to see if this would make any difference. Is there anything that can be done to resolve this? 

I know I could possible use the metadata manager and add Dubbed and Subbed to the end of every show. If that is the option is there an easier way I can mass update the entire library maybe through the database? 

continue watching.PNG

dubbed file.PNG

dubbed folder.PNG

Subbed file.PNG

Library.png

Hi, instead of using 2 separate libraries have you considered using Emby Versions?
This would require only a single library for for each movies/show you would have a drop down to select the version to play.

Check out multi-versions in the knowledge base article.
https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159102-movie-naming

soultaco83

Wouldn't that mean I basically lose the ability to autoplay. From my understanding during autoplay I would have to change it to the version I want every time as it does not just keep weather I am playing dubbed or subbed between episodes. 

soultaco83

I do also prefer having 2 separate libraries as I can just click on the Dubbed folder or Subbed folder and see what all I have dubbed vs subbed and watch accordingly. I would rather not have to click on each series to see if there a dubbed/subbed version available.

25 minutes ago, soultaco83 said:

I do also prefer having 2 separate libraries as I can just click on the Dubbed folder or Subbed folder and see what all I have dubbed vs subbed and watch accordingly. I would rather not have to click on each series to see if there a dubbed/subbed version available.

Understood, just keep in mind movies/shows with the same ID will show up in Continue watching and similar as it's kind of designed to work where people would use multi-versions. Those of us who have 4K and normal movie libraries see a similar thing happen with those as well.

pwhodges

Is it too much trouble to have one copy with both soundtracks and also the subtitles, and to select the ones wanted on whatever occasion?  You might still have to change it after autoplay, but at least you won't have to break the flow to select another version.  Typically you have the length of the opening song to select the tracks you want before it matters.

Alternatively, set up different users with the different libraries, and there would be no overlap once logged in as the required user.

Paul

Edited by pwhodges
  • Like 1

soultaco83

There is a good chunk of anime that do not have dual audio available at air date. I was doing a subbed version and a dual audio. Then removing the subbed versions as dual audio came out and that was alot of extra work. 
I currently have 2 sonarr's setup. One that monitors for subbed and one that monitors for dubbed. Since dubbed almost always lags behind it is easier to have sonarr just constantly monitor for new dubbed versions. 

pwhodges
7 hours ago, soultaco83 said:

There is a good chunk of anime that do not have dual audio available at air date. I was doing a subbed version and a dual audio. Then removing the subbed versions as dual audio came out and that was a lot of extra work.

I typically follow three or four anime live, and find doing that manually very little effort; but maybe if you follow more it could get a bit tedious, I admit.

Paul

soultaco83
15 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

I typically follow three or four anime live, and find doing that manually very little effort; but maybe if you follow more it could get a bit tedious, I admit.

Paul

Yeah the server has a few people on it. They all watch different things. So it is pretty active. That is why sonarr watches everything. I might just message around in the database and see if there is anything that can help rename folders on a mass level. Does not appear to be a function of emby metadata manager. 

pwhodges

If specific people watch one or other version, then my different libraries per user idea should work - obviously with a main library that everyone sees for shows in which this isn't an issue.  That's unless some people want to watch both subbed for some shows and dubbed for others, I guess.

Paul

soultaco83

I have users including myself that like to watch dubbed of one show and subbed of another. 
I just don't like not being able to easily tell from the front page weather it is dubbed or subbed version. The fact it shows both versions is not an issue if I could get some kind of differentiation on the names. 

soultaco83

Hmm just wonder what the best way to do that would be then would be. Because the metadata from the shows does not appear to be stored in the database that I can find. I have been looking in the Library.db using sqlite browser. I will have to poke around some more

PenkethBoy

one way to do it - but is a manual process or would need scripting or via sql

i have two movie libraries and my 4k movies have (4k) added to the name/title in emby via editing the metadata

2109938855_Annotation2020-12-12100453.thumb.jpg.cbebee0204804f3f157d1bff73bde94b.jpg

• Like 1

soultaco83

Yeah that is the way I am leaning at the moment. I am looking around to see if there is something I can write up in Bash that will do a mass metadata update. But that is exactly what I am looking for. 

PenkethBoy

if you have nfo's saved - just edit them and add what you need to the end of the title - via bash etc

rescan should pick up the changes

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

as a one off a good text editor will be able to do a find and replace on all files for the "</title>" to " (4k) </title>"

and you could do the originaltitle as well if you want

soultaco83

yeah I am typing something up in bash now to see if I can isolate the </title> and then add the work [Dubbed] if not found. Will take a while but this looks doable. Unraid seems to be able to parse the tvshow.nfo files pretty well

soultaco83

So this is what I have come up with and it has updated all of the nfo files. Emby has seen the changes and looks like it is exactly what I wanted to see. 
So to break this down. 

1. Do a search for all of the tvshow.nfo files that exist and put all of the file locations into a text file called Dubbed_anime_nfo.txt

2. I set the variable input to the file Dubbed_anime_nfo.txt

3. Set a while to go line by line of the file 

4. Run a find command on each tvshow.nfo file. It looks for [Dubbed]</title> is found in the file (For linux you need to exit out of the bracket and forward slash with a \ which is why is it \[ and \/)

5. If [Dubbed]</title> is found in the file it just echos the line location to console

6. Otherwise it replaces the word </title> with [Dubbed]</title>

image.png.5af16e027f573d884ee140ee8a3aafc3.png

find "/mnt/user/Media/completed/anime/Dubbed only" -iname "tvshow.nfo" -type f > /tmp/Dubbed_anime_nfo.txt; 
input="/tmp/Dubbed_anime_nfo.txt"; 
while IFS= read -r line; 
do if grep -i "\[Dubbed]</\title>" "$line"; 
then echo "$line";
else sed -i 's|</title>|[Dubbed]</title>|g' "$line";
fi; 
done <"$input"

Now I just gotta see if I can make the same changes on plex. 

continue watching.PNG

• Solution
soultaco83

Just an update:

More generalized script:

#!/bin/bash

find "/path/that/contains/media" -iname "tvshow.nfo" -type f > /path/to/place/text/file.txt;

input="/location/of/above/text/file";

while IFS= read -r line;

do if grep -i "\[Dubbed]</\title>" "$line";

then echo "$line" >nul;

else sed -i 's|</title>|[Dubbed]</title>|g' "$line";

fi;

done <"$input"