Audio sync issues whenever transcoding

Thomas64

Thomas64

Well.. I guess this update is long overdue, making it useless/unnecessary at this point!

But.. I gave up - the Audio Sync issues persisted.

I ended up installing Manjaro XFCE on the client computer and using Firefox and haven't had a single issue since!

7 minutes ago, Thomas64 said:

Well.. I guess this update is long overdue, making it useless/unnecessary at this point!

But.. I gave up - the Audio Sync issues persisted.

I ended up installing Manjaro XFCE on the client computer and using Firefox and haven't had a single issue since!

That's interesting, thanks for the feedback.

• 7 months later...

First time Emby user, with same issue. After piecing tips/tricks from this thread, what worked for me was switching to Firefox. I was using EDGE. All my movies are MPG. I have Emby Server running on Intel NUC WIN10 connected to TV with soundbar.

• 1 year later...

Can confirm, always always always audio sync issues on perfectly fine files. 

Thank god i paid just for the fire tv app and not for premiere.

Hi @markm

What's discussed in this thread turned out to be a Google Chrome issue with HLS, MP4 and AC3 audio but not with AAC audio.

You commented using the fire TV app so that wouldn't have anything to do with this thread being about PC browsers.

We would love to assist you as there should be no problems with Fire TV devices.

Can you start a new thread including the information asked for here?

Thanks,
Carlo

On 1/13/2023 at 12:17 PM, marekm said:

Can confirm, always always always audio sync issues on perfectly fine files. 

Thank god i paid just for the fire tv app and not for premiere.

@marekm 

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Turbofiero

Couple years later, still a relevant issue, works fine in firefox but gets offset over time with edge/chromium based browsers

Same codecs as OP, AC3 audio and mpeg2video. So now im stuck with using two different browsers based on the media, since firefox as far as im aware cant direct play HEVC whereas edge can if you have the extension 😕 

21 hours ago, Turbofiero said:

Couple years later, still a relevant issue, works fine in firefox but gets offset over time with edge/chromium based browsers

Same codecs as OP, AC3 audio and mpeg2video. So now im stuck with using two different browsers based on the media, since firefox as far as im aware cant direct play HEVC whereas edge can if you have the extension 😕 

Have you tried Emby Theater instead of using a browser?  It's probably one of the best Emby Clients.