Apple TV clients not working, possibly since 4.5.3.0 upgrade

Tezza4x4
Go to solution Solved by vdatanet,

Tezza4x4

Any known issues with 4.5.3.0 and Apple TV clients? I have two and both just spin on the home screen and display nothing. Think it started after upgrading to 4.5.3.0. Have tried restarting both clients and server. Server is Synology NAS (64 bit).  Other clients (Web / IOS) working fine.

Edited by Tezza4x4
update

Hi.  No we're not aware of any issue.  Can you try restarting the server and app?  If the issue persists, can we please see a server log with a description of what you did and what happened?

Thanks.

vdatanet

Some users have reported that when updating the client application, if the server control panel the user is restricted to a specific device, after the update he cannot log in because it is recognized as a new device. Try uninstalling and installing the client application again.

vdatanet

This should be investigated, some users have reported this. When app is updated they have to uninstall and install the app again.

Tezza4x4

Yes, I'm pretty sure the server upgrade to 4.5.3.0 triggered the problem for me. 
BTW, logs had absolutely nothing in them related to the Apple TV clients trying to connect. Mind you, debug level is not on. As soon as the clients were reinstalled, plenty of messaging in the logs related to the clients. So it was like the emby client was dead on the network and wasn't even trying to pull anything off the server. 

Tezza4x4

Have not had the problem again since I reinstalled the clients, but will certainly do the next upgrade and let you know if it happens again.