Server not Recognized

Jeffslom
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Jeffslom

I am leaving the PLEX platform for Emby.  Plex had way too many crashes.   My TV (Roku) can not find the server.  I have tried to re-name as well as use the computer name with no luck.  The feature ADD SERVER and ADD MANUALLY seem to take me to the same place.  I sure could use some help...Where do I start?  If anyone can help that would be appreciated.   I'm even willing ot allow a screen shre to walk me through the set up process. 

TIA Jeffrey   

Hi there, are you connecting to your own Emby Server, or someone else's? If it's your own, try adding the server by ip address instead of computer name.

Jeffslom

My own server...I tried to plug in the IP address and it too failed. I am certain its human error (mine 🙂 ).   On my PC I see my library of movies and it appears to be working perfectly;y.  But the TV is a bust....Interested in helping the old fashion way (via phone) ?  

Which application are you using on your Roku?

Can you try using the Emby Beta for Roku and you should be able to connect just fine. Let us know if this does not work.

Jeffslom

hold the presses...I found the bets version.

and no it did not work.   Here is a basic question....Where do I find my server name?  I used the IP address and keep getting this error...20201207_142808.thumb.jpg.f087d6dcd31469b3b9acc5307a44182f.jpg

• Solution

Hi.  Are you sure your server is accessible on the network?  This sounds like the firewall may be blocking it.

Can you login from a web browser on a machine other than the one the server is running on?

Connectivity

Jeffslom

UPDATE:  it was a combination of firewall and wrong server name. I told you it was human error (mine).  I am up and running!!!!  THANK YOU for the help! 

But i do have a question(s).  what is the difference between the beta version and the other one (don't know what to all it) non-beta???

And what is the benefit of the paid vs free?