Windows Store Emby Theater app no longer allowing sign in, + other issues

GunnermanBill

David Patt

In Users/"User Name"/Acces

It still bug out. When i deselect "Enable acces to all  libraries" and deselect that library app crash and i cant login afterwards. With acces to all libraries i can login no problem. Only affect Emby home theater Windows store version so far.

GunnermanBill

Just saw these updates in my inbox, sorry I dipped I just had other things going on and this fell off the radar.

First off, I am also managing libraries like David is. There is at least 1 library that my main admin account cannot see, just like David. Our scenarios seem to line up perfectly.

Second, I now noticed this only happens when on the same local network that my server is on. If I use a mobile hotspot with my surface tablet, I can sign into he windows store app and access my content just fine. Once back on the servers network, content no longer loads and if I log out I can't log back in. This, again, is only the case with the windows store app specifically. 

Update - I have eliminated the need for the library my admin account did not need access to, and removed it. Now that that has been done, I am completely unrestricted in how I am able to log in. I am no longer having any of my aforementioned problems.

Edited by GunnermanBill

• 8 months later...
arthurmv

I have the same issue, I had to allow access to all libraries to continue using Emby Theater (UWP). There is any fix? I would need to setup another server if not...

34 minutes ago, arthurmv said:

I have the same issue, I had to allow access to all libraries to continue using Emby Theater (UWP). There is any fix? I would need to setup another server if not...

Hi there, can you please describe your issue? Thanks.

arthurmv
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please describe your issue? Thanks.

Can't login into Emby Theater (UWP version), I tried removing my password but same (Sign in error. Invalid username or password. Please try again). After allowing all libraries to my profile it's working again. No issues using other apps like Android, Samsung TV, or Emby Theater (Electron).

Just now, arthurmv said:

Can't login into Emby Theater (UWP version), I tried removing my password but same (Sign in error. Invalid username or password. Please try again). After allowing all libraries to my profile it's working again. No issues using other apps like Android, Samsung TV, or Emby Theater (Electron).

Can you please attach the emby server log? Thanks.

arthurmv
1 hour ago, Luke said:

What time did the issue occur? Thanks.

2021-10-14 15:22:37.229 Error UserManager: Error authenticating with provider Default
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.4.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build13) (gcc version 7.5.0 (GCC) ) #41890 SMP Fri Jun 25 02:37:14 CST 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.Exception: System.Exception: Invalid username or password
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.DefaultAuthenticationProvider.Authenticate(String username, String password, User resolvedUser)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager.AuthenticateWithProvider(IAuthenticationProvider provider, String username, String password, User resolvedUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[MediaBrowser.Controller.Authentication.ProviderAuthenticationResult] Authenticate(System.String, System.String, MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.User)

2021-10-14 15:22:37.229 Info HttpClient: POST https://connect.emby.media/service/user/authenticate
2021-10-14 15:22:37.508 Info HttpClient: POST https://connect.emby.media/service/user/authenticate
2021-10-14 15:22:37.779 Info UserManager: Authentication request for Arthur has been denied.
2021-10-14 15:22:37.780 Warn Server: AUTH-ERROR: 10.0.0.101 - Invalid username or password entered.
2021-10-14 15:22:37.780 Error Server: Invalid username or password entered.
2021-10-14 15:22:37.780 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 401 to 10.0.0.101. Time: 553ms. 

13 hours ago, arthurmv said:

ApplicationFrameHost_rQCvW9XCZE.png

ApplicationFrameHost_lhWt49A0bp.png

ApplicationFrameHost_KfGZ2QqX8T.png

OK the cause of this is not obvious right now and I can't reproduce. If you'd like to work with me on the beta server, I'll add some additional logging to try and get more insight. Thanks.

The only other thing I might suggest as a quick test is updating the password for the user, even if it's just setting it back to the same thing.

If that doesn't help, then the next test would be to try and create a new user and see if it happens with them. Thanks.

arthurmv
27 minutes ago, Luke said:

The only other thing I might suggest as a quick test is updating the password for the user, even if it's just setting it back to the same thing.

If that doesn't help, then the next test would be to try and create a new user and see if it happens with them. Thanks.

Yes I did it, it still saying invalid password with a pass in blank and after that restoring as it was, on both situations was the same.

I had a user for Theater only but it just worked for a day or two.

1 minute ago, arthurmv said:

Yes I did it, it still saying invalid password with a pass in blank and after that restoring as it was, on both situations was the same.

I had a user for Theater only but it just worked for a day or two.

So what happened with a new user?

arthurmv
Just now, Luke said:

So what happened with a new user?

Stop working after a day or two, I made it in the same way as my main user, just some libraries open. But now I allow all libraries and Theater works again.

I'm using four accounts just for me, all my libraries are there for different propuses. I can't see all of them together are many...

arthurmv
12 hours ago, Luke said:

OK the cause of this is not obvious right now and I can't reproduce. If you'd like to work with me on the beta server, I'll add some additional logging to try and get more insight. Thanks.

If beta will keep my media and metadata safe would be great.

• 2 months later...
Multiverse

Is there any progress? I still can't use the Emby Theatre UWP app without giving access to all libraries ...

• Agree 1

GrimReaper
51 minutes ago, Multiverse said:

Is there any progress? I still can't use the Emby Theatre UWP app without giving access to all libraries ...

Not sure what progress you're expecting, as Theater UWP is working perfectly for me with partial library access given, 1.1.388.0 on Win10H2.

Maybe you should recreate the problem and provide server log afterwards.

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, arthurmv said:

Maybe it could be unicode characters or something, some of my libraries has japanese titles, idk if it is the same case for @Multiverse.

Does same occur if you use Theater Desktop?

arthurmv
Just now, GrimReaper said:

Does same occur if you use Theater Desktop?

Desktop version works perfectly. Just Windows Store version has issues for me.

• Like 1

Multiverse

I only have this problem with the UWP app, the "normal" desktop app don't have this. And I have asian titles in there original letters, in both apps.

If the problem would be based by the foreign letters, why do I have the login error only without access to my asian libraries? Giving access to all libraries includes them ...

Greetings from Germany

Christian

2 hours ago, Multiverse said:

I only have this problem with the UWP app, the "normal" desktop app don't have this. And I have asian titles in there original letters, in both apps.

If the problem would be based by the foreign letters, why do I have the login error only without access to my asian libraries? Giving access to all libraries includes them ...

Greetings from Germany

Christian

Hi, we're not sure yet. Still trying to reproduce. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Multiverse

Additional information:

If I login with a full access account everything is ok. After I changed the access to a limited base, close the UWP app an re-open it I can see the home screen and the "loading circle". But it is an infinite loop because the libraries never get visible.

So imho it is no login error itself, it is a thing of access rights and its implementation!