Windows Store Emby Theater app no longer allowing sign in, + other issues

GunnermanBill

GunnermanBill

This is reproducible across multiple devices (Surface Pro tablets, Desktop PC's). This was not occurring like 2 weeks ago, and devices I've signed out of I cannot sign back into.

The app sees my server on the local network at boot and presents me with the appropriate account option to sign into. I click it and sign it, it tells me invalid user/pass. I click manual login and enter in my details, invalid user/pass. I sanity check by trying to sign into the web app, no problems. I try the WinStore app again, invalid user/pass. I click change server, then sign in with Emby Connect, and it actually does sign me in via that process. However, nothing loads correctly in the app after this point. There is no user icon in the top right I can click to get to my settings. When I click any type of content it does not load. It will display a list of my tv shows, movies, and channels, but I can't actually play anything, and it won't show any details of any specific content.

Only the WinStore app behaves this way.

Edited by GunnermanBill

Hi there, are you still having an issue with this? I tested this and I'm not having any trouble logging in.

GunnermanBill
On 12/9/2020 at 7:57 PM, Luke said:

Hi there, are you still having an issue with this? I tested this and I'm not having any trouble logging in.

I'd love to you let you know, but I had removed the app for the time being, and now find this when I try to reinstall it from any PC. In the Windows Store app itself, it just attempts to load forever. No problems anywhere else on the store.

image.thumb.png.a9e73a76960327210b6c3b95e7d64eac.png

7 hours ago, GunnermanBill said:

I'd love to you let you know, but I had removed the app for the time being, and now find this when I try to reinstall it from any PC. In the Windows Store app itself, it just attempts to load forever. No problems anywhere else on the store.

image.thumb.png.a9e73a76960327210b6c3b95e7d64eac.png

Can you try again? Perhaps that was a temporary issue with the windows store.

GunnermanBill
15 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you try again? Perhaps that was a temporary issue with the windows store.

Seems so, was able to finally redownload.

Anyway, back in the app it is still telling me invalid user/pass either when I click the profile or manually sign into it. This time, when I used emby connect to sign in with a web browser/pin, it did push me all the way through and allow me to navigate and view things properly so I guess i'm back in business anyway

Thanks for the feedback. Was this just a matter of confusing the difference between the emby connect login and the local login on your server?

GunnermanBill
27 minutes ago, Luke said:

Thanks for the feedback. Was this just a matter of confusing the difference between the emby connect login and the local login on your server?

Don't believe so, I'm using the same credentials under manual login that I would use to get into the web app and it declines me on the app, this is still occuring. Previously (when thread first submitted) when I used the emby connect option to get in, it wouldn't load my content

GunnermanBill
On 12/21/2020 at 1:08 AM, Luke said:

Are you still seeing this with the latest version?

I updated to the latest version via the Windows Store on a Surface Pro tablet, and a Desktop PC

on both devices, I get invalid user/pass on the Win10 store app, freshly updated.

on both devices, I can sign into the desktop Emby app, and the web app with the exact same credentials without any problem.

on both devices, if I use the "Change Server" option, followed by the "Sign in with Emby Connect" option, I can get signed in. However, the settings option in the top right doesn't appear, only the search icon does. Also, most shows will not load any details after I click into them, even though it populates the main tv shows and movies pages. This was previously alleviated as of my last post but has now returned as described in OP.

To be honest I think you might be mixing up the difference between the Emby Connect login and the local server login. @cayars can jump on a teamviewer with you to go over all of this and see if that's the case.

GunnermanBill
On 12/22/2020 at 9:00 PM, Luke said:

To be honest I think you might be mixing up the difference between the Emby Connect login and the local server login. @cayars can jump on a teamviewer with you to go over all of this and see if that's the case.

removed pics

Edited by GunnermanBill
security

GunnermanBill
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

i'll also add that I am not experiencing this problem at all with the android app or the lg tv apps, which seem identical to the win10 store app.

@LukeSomething that would be helpful is if the title of the page was "Emby Connect Login" vs "Server Login" or similar to that so it would be much clearer.

@GunnermanBill I'd be happy to do a remote session with you if you like.  Something you can check on as well to help determine the login is to look at your Dashboard ACTIVITY to see if you get failed login attempt showing.

David Patt

Ok ET crash on me today and wont start so i unnistall app and redownload it. It load but i have same invalid user / password thing. Other account with limited acces can sign in on one click. I sign everywhere just fine but no ET windows store app.

2 hours ago, David Patt said:

Ok ET crash on me today and wont start so i unnistall app and redownload it. It load but i have same invalid user / password thing. Other account with limited acces can sign in on one click. I sign everywhere just fine but no ET windows store app.

Hi there, where did the username and password that you are trying to use come from?

David Patt
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi there, where did the username and password that you are trying to use come from?

I create them on server. It was first user ever created. Ichange password and still problem. I can sign in web app , Android TV app on any device. But when i try use ET windows store app it fail on any pc. I have checked to dont require password on local network. In logs i have failed attempts to login and my local ip adress. I scramble token line for sure.

01.JPG

Just now, David Patt said:

I create them on server. It was first user ever created. Ichange password and still problem. I can sign in web app , Android TV app on any device. But when i try use ET windows store app it fail on any pc. I have checked to dont require password on local network. In logs i have failed attempts to login and my local ip adress. I scramble token line for sure.

01.JPG

When you try to sign in what does it say at the top of the sign in screen?

David Patt

Ok i figured out. It is a bug i guess but under my profile David i  have acces to my librariess except one. (Táta Knihovna) (it is Dads Library in translation) When i allow all acces my profile can sign in. But when i limit it to denied acces to it i cant sign in. I try limit acces to that library to another user and then that user cant sign in. When i allow him it works.

It must be something with this library because my father  has acces only to his Library (Táta Knihovna) and two others.

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2020 at 12:00 PM, David Patt said:

Ok i figured out. It is a bug i guess but under my profile David i  have acces to my librariess except one. (Táta Knihovna) (it is Dads Library in translation) When i allow all acces my profile can sign in. But when i limit it to denied acces to it i cant sign in. I try limit acces to that library to another user and then that user cant sign in. When i allow him it works.

It must be something with this library because my father  has acces only to his Library (Táta Knihovna) and two others.

That's interesting. Where exactly were you allowing or restricting access?