Show file format on ebooks

varmandra

varmandra

Hello

Some weeks ago I start to add my e-books to Emby and most things works for me, but one thing is a littlebit annoying: If you have one e-book in different file format, you could not really see which is which. Only when you start the download you see the complete file name with the extension.

So it would be really helpful to see the file format before you open the e-book overview, a solution would be to add a small logo with the file extension to the thumbnail (or in list view add a column for the file format), or if there is the same book in different format, show it as one book and when you want to download it, you could choose which format you want to download (for late if an e-book reader will be in Emby).

I would say it has not a high  priority but maybe easy to integrate.

Varmandra

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
varmandra

Hiho

An other Idea, is why not use knowledge which already exists.

The is a good software to manage ebooks and sync them with an ebook-reader, so these people spending a lot of time in think about folder structure, file naming and so on for ebooks.
Maybe if there is an rebuild for the scanner for ebooks for me it would be very nice if emby could understand this structure and know to use it.

So take a look to https://calibre-ebook.com/ Should be an open surce, but I am not 100% sure.

BdT
Varmandra

37 minutes ago, varmandra said:

Hiho

An other Idea, is why not use knowledge which already exists.

The is a good software to manage ebooks and sync them with an ebook-reader, so these people spending a lot of time in think about folder structure, file naming and so on for ebooks.
Maybe if there is an rebuild for the scanner for ebooks for me it would be very nice if emby could understand this structure and know to use it.

So take a look to https://calibre-ebook.com/ Should be an open surce, but I am not 100% sure.

BdT
Varmandra

Hi, yes agreed it makes sense. Thanks.