subtitle download crashes emby Android TV app

Dariusz

Dariusz

so i noticed my issue a week or so ago when i was on emby server 4.5.2.. now i have same issue on 4.5.3 and i think this might be related to the actual app as well.. for the app i am running it on android tv, app version 1.8.54g (registered for beta app version).   in short when i start watching a video and i pause to download subtitles, i select the subtitle, it says it downloaded and video never resumes.. i get a message too many errors and i basically can not open any video files from this point on.. always getting message "too many errors".. only way to fix this is restart emby server and to force stop emby app on android and reopen.  i attached some files from around the time that it just happened to me recently.. timestamp was from 7:38pm EST, while downloading subtitles for titans.

ffmpeg-directstream-8e139dbd-408d-48a8-a6b7-9afcf081ec58_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-e190ea1e-f847-4bef-9a0d-684fe3505a22_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-ae19d60d-c800-45da-aaf7-92d5148bcc6d_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-e5697653-dea6-4f02-9eb0-7b5749bf1df2_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-5221d0c1-6473-4846-b04f-760c9ae1016b_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-6fcfb958-8efd-4984-8009-6587e56b4a7e_1.txt embyserver (4).txt

Dariusz

also, i just noticed on another TV that I have that is running on firestick 4K with app version 1.8.54a I am able to successfully download the subtitles without crashing the server and app.. so probably something wrong with the way app 1.8.54g works on android TV. 

Dariusz
3 hours ago, Luke said:

@Dariusz as a test,if you do this without pausing, is it still the same?

i tested it by stopping the video and then downloading a subtitle without issues.. i guess i can use this as a workaround for now.. i also just noticed there is a new version of the beta app 1.8.55.. i will give that a try once it updates on android and see if there are issues when trying to download subtitles while streaming..

Dariusz
33 minutes ago, Luke said:

What about during playback but without pausing?

i actually never tried it that way before.. i just did it now and it worked fine.. then i tried again but this time i paused it, tried same subtitle and it crashed.. seems it affects it only while downloading a subtitle while the stream is paused.