Server on android box (beeling king pro) + media on NAS synology (DS216j)

Misom23

clarkss12
1 minute ago, Misom23 said:

Did you restart the emby server after installing the beta version - I had to this (even got the message to do so).

Also, make sure to restart NAS as well.

In addition, make sure that the folders on NAS you want to access are shared (photo attached). After doing a lot of reading on the subject (difficult to find exact issue online), I've enabled read and write to all users, made specific NFS permissions (one example attached, also made a similar one with ember server IP (beelink)), enabled smb and nfs (of course), enabled local master browsers under smb advanced settings (photo attached), and, enabled SSDP and ws-discovery. Not sure to what extent some of the listed things were related to my problem (you have the same problem), but right now I am running emby server on beelink, getting media from NAS, and watching through emby player on samsung tv (I found a tizen version, unofficial).

Hope you make it!

Screenshot_2021-01-04 MMSERV - Synology DiskStation(3).png

Screenshot_2021-01-04 MMSERV - Synology DiskStation(2).png

Screenshot_2021-01-04 MMSERV - Synology DiskStation(1).png

Screenshot_2021-01-04 MMSERV - Synology DiskStation.png

That is fantastic.......... Good work   Might be above my pay grade.

Misom23
Just now, clarkss12 said:

That is fantastic.......... Good work   Might be above my pay grade.

Give it a try. Took me around a week of playing with different settings and googling :) But, its worth it :P

clarkss12
1 minute ago, Misom23 said:

Yes, check my last post for details.

Yes, I read your post, and that is fantastic................   I will have to dig deeper like you did........  These Amlogic S922X boxes do make a pretty good inexpensive Emby server.

clarkss12

I have the Synology DS216+2, but most of my media is stored on three different external hard drives connected to a miniPC........  I will see if I can do what you did to access my NAS..  It may be above my paygrade......

I am too old to keep screwing around with my NAS's, that is why I moved everything to external hard drives, makes life so much simpler......

clarkss12

I made the changes on my Synology NAS, but GS King X still did not find it.......

Now I will test on my King Pro..........

Misom23
On 1/4/2021 at 9:56 PM, clarkss12 said:

Amazing,   Misom23that worked on my GT King Pro...........  

Fantastic, glad it worked out!

Just out of curiosity, how come you are running emby on beelink instead of minipc? Transcoding? My DS216j cannot handle transcoding, therefore beelink. beelink King X surely can handle transcoding? (haven't checked the specs)

clarkss12
1 hour ago, Misom23 said:

Fantastic, glad it worked out!

Just out of curiosity, how come you are running emby on beelink instead of minipc? Transcoding? My DS216j cannot handle transcoding, therefore beelink. beelink King X surely can handle transcoding? (haven't checked the specs)

I have run the Emby server on a multitude of inexpensive devices just to see how they perform. 

I installed the Emby server onto my King Pro and it "found " my Synology NAS and I added my media to the library.  However, it never completed the scan after a day or two, so I deleted that server.

Strangely, the Emby server runs great on my GS King X, same SoC, Amlogic S922X.  I also could NOT get it to "see" my Synology NAS, no matter what I tried.

My main Emby server that I use is running on one of my MiniPCs, Vorke V2.   Another server running on a different miniPC, don't know why, just because I can.

Misom23
2 hours ago, clarkss12 said:

I have run the Emby server on a multitude of inexpensive devices just to see how they perform. 

I installed the Emby server onto my King Pro and it "found " my Synology NAS and I added my media to the library.  However, it never completed the scan after a day or two, so I deleted that server.

Strangely, the Emby server runs great on my GS King X, same SoC, Amlogic S922X.  I also could NOT get it to "see" my Synology NAS, no matter what I tried.

My main Emby server that I use is running on one of my MiniPCs, Vorke V2.   Another server running on a different miniPC, don't know why, just because I can.

wow :D You sure do like servers :D

clarkss12
46 minutes ago, Misom23 said:

wow :D You sure do like servers :D

Just like to tinker.  Boredom