Backdrop Screen Saver Options?

nickyrat

nickyrat

After the latest server update, my backdrop screen saver in Emby Theater is showing pictures from music artists that I have in my Music folder. Before this update it was only showing movies and TV shows. Is there a way to pick and choose what types of Backdrops that we'd like to show up in the screen saver? Personally I'd only like Movies and TV shows like before.

I looked for an option in the Display settings, but only see a way to turn the screensaver on and off, no way to customize it.

Thanks so much! :)

• 1 month later...
nickyrat
On 12/6/2020 at 9:05 AM, Luke said:

Hi, yes I would expect more configuration for this in future updates. Thanks for the feedback.

Good evening! I know that this isn't the most pressing concern for you awesome makers and maintainers of Emby...but I was curious if there was any indication of when a feature to pick what would show up in the Backdrop Screensaver would be available? If ever?

If not, I may need to either disable it or remove my music artist backgrounds...as some of them have some more risque pictures than I want to show up in my media player screensaver in the Family Room, lol

Thank you so much!

As a note to this topic Luke, can you point me in the direction as to what the difference between LOGO and BACKDROP screen saver is please. Can't find it anywhere. I have a new OLED tv and need something to prevent burn in during music listening. The static image artist isn't going to work.

Thanks

Not sure how to get this to start. I selected it in the server, yet it is still showing solid artist background when I play album. Thanks

I think you're referring to the now playing screen, which is not the screen saver. The screen saver as you might expect comes on after several minutes of being completely idle.

• 1 year later...
17 hours ago, Acemt said:

Any updates on screen savers Luke? It has been over a year.

Thanks 

Hi, not yet, sorry. On the to do list.

• 3 months later...
umair9

I have an iPad connected to the led Cinema Display. I don’t think its possible to automate “off/on” switch with it.

Super beneficial feature for me as well.

👍

13 hours ago, umair9 said:

Has it been implemented?

Hi, not yet sorry. On the to do list.

• 1 year later...
On 8/9/2023 at 1:11 PM, MEB said:

Been a few years since this was brought up. Any update? 

HI, not yet, but more control over the backdrop screen saver is planned for future updates. Thanks.