Trying to open app and getting message: 'app cannot be opened since authentication expired'

XDavidT
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

XDavidT

Before few weeks (or months) I installed the app first time on my TV using USB drive.
It was worked fine, and today I got message 'app cannot be opened since authentication expired' (it's translated from Hebrew since the message is by the local lang).

I have emby premium server, what could be the problem ?

Hi, samsung limits how long the usb install can be used for. When you see this you need to download the latest usb version and install it over the top.

XDavidT
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, samsung limits how long the usb install can be used for. When you see this you need to download the latest usb version and install it over the top.

It's complicated to remove the TV from the wall since it's 75" and I need a partner to help me with that.

Is there any version that I can run one time and keep it ?

The store version would be the only permanent version. You could also plug in some kind of dongle or extension usb that you can tuck away to hide and then you can just plug a usb stick in and out of that.

XDavidT
1 minute ago, Luke said:

The store version would be the only permanent version. You could also plug in some kind of dongle or extension usb that you can tuck away to hide and then you can just plug a usb stick in and out of that.

I live in Israel, so there is no emby in the store... any other option then usb extender ?

• Solution

The only other one would be changing the region of the device to the US so that you can install from the store.

XDavidT
29 minutes ago, Luke said:

The only other one would be changing the region of the device to the US so that you can install from the store.

Didn't knew that is possible !

Just change my TV to US and it's work great !

• Like 1