marcelveldt

blublub

I think your issue is related to your PVR addon. I have noticed some other addons with problems too on Isengard/Jarvis.

Anyway, the skin has a PVR widget by default. That PVR widget is trying to load the PVR entries but as far as I can tell from your logs the PVR is still loading and it gets in some unexpected condition.

I have to say this is a bug in Kodi or your PVR addon but it only manifests because of the PVR widget. Confluence doesn't have a PVR widget so that's why you're not having the issue with that. I think if you launch Kodi and go real quick to the PVR guid eit will crash too.

To fix this issue you can remove the PVR widget from the Live TV menu.

Go into the skin settings --> configure shortcuts --> select your live TV shortcut and set the widget to None.

You can also try to disable all widgets in the skin settings --> home menu settings

Hi

I disabled all Widgets as suggested and rebooted and it still end in a Kodi start-up loop ... damn!

The Arctic exploded skin works fine out-of-the-box although I have no idea if it uses widgets for anything

marcelveldt

Hi

I disabled all Widgets as suggested and rebooted and it still end in a Kodi start-up loop ... damn!

The Arctic exploded skin works fine out-of-the-box although I have no idea if it uses widgets for anything

what pvr backend are you using so I can try to reproduce the problem

blublub

what pvr backend are you using so I can try to reproduce the problem

I use VDR VNSI

EDIT: kodi 15.1 linux/Kodibuntu

Edited by blublub

marcelveldt

I use VDR VNSI

EDIT: kodi 15.1 linux/Kodibuntu

Did you already try to upgrade to 15.2 ? PVR is giving a lot of troubles on 15.1 for me too but it's fine on 15.2

I can't test with VDR VNSI but I'm currently testing with both dvblink and tvheadend to reproduce the issue.

marcelveldt

hi Marcel - is the grouped recordings bug not fixed yet?  I am using the latest beta skin and I still get a crash on pvr initialisation and a boot loop unless I change skin to confluence, disable grouped recordings, then I can switch back to titan and it works great from there.  There seems to be no way to make the setting persistent so any reboot seems to kill it, and the skin doesnt like that setting?

I might have asked it before, but what PVR addon are you using ?

• Like 1

blublub

Did you already try to upgrade to 15.2 ? PVR is giving a lot of troubles on 15.1 for me too but it's fine on 15.2

I can't test with VDR VNSI but I'm currently testing with both dvblink and tvheadend to reproduce the issue.

Yup. But with 15.2 RC3 the PVR is totally borken - Kodi loads, PVR menu is present but when I select it I get the message "no PVR backend active" - but VNSI Plugin is enabled as is PVR function in Kodi.

Error message:

19:19:48 T:139633908229888  NOTICE: AddOnLog: VDR VNSI Client: Logged in at '1444324789+7200' to 'VDR-Network-Streaming-Interface (VNSI) Server' Version: '1.3.0' with protocol version '8'
19:19:49 T:139633925015296   ERROR: SQL: Abort due to constraint violation
                                            Query: INSERT INTO channels (iUniqueId, bIsRadio, bIsHidden, bIsUserSetIcon, bIsUserSetName, bIsLocked, sIconPath, sChannelName, bIsVirtual, bEPGEnabled, sEPGScraper, iLastWatched, iClientId, idEpg) VALUES (71820975, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, '/home/mediacenter/Logos/gotv.png', 'gotv', 0, 1, 'client', 0, 770, -1)
19:19:49 T:139633925015296   ERROR: CommitInsertQueries - failed to execute queries
19:19:49 T:139633925015296   ERROR: SQL: Abort due to constraint violation
                                            Query: INSERT INTO channels (iUniqueId, bIsRadio, bIsHidden, bIsUserSetIcon, bIsUserSetName, bIsLocked, sIconPath, sChannelName, bIsVirtual, bEPGEnabled, sEPGScraper, iLastWatched, iClientId, idEpg) VALUES (71820975, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, '/home/mediacenter/Logos/gotv.png', 'gotv', 0, 1, 'client', 0, 770, -1)

marcelveldt

Ok I did fix the 15.2 RC3 error above but I still get the same problem with the Titan skin .

I have tested with both Dvblink and Tv Headend on both Windows and Linux (ubuntu) and I can't reproduce the error.

Any chance you can give me temporary remote access to your PVR server so I can test with that ?

Only thing I can come up with is that it is some sort of issue with openelec but still a strange problem that a skin can crash Kodi, that shouldn't be possible.

blublub

I have tested with both Dvblink and Tv Headend on both Windows and Linux (ubuntu) and I can't reproduce the error.

Any chance you can give me temporary remote access to your PVR server so I can test with that ?

Only thing I can come up with is that it is some sort of issue with openelec but still a strange problem that a skin can crash Kodi, that shouldn't be possible.

What do you mean with issue of Openelec? - I have a standard x64 machine :-) (you probably meant bob808 with that line)

I have no issue with you working on my rig, just have to figure out a way to get it working as I don't have a VPN capable router at the moment - so my 1st idea would be Teamviewer

Edited by blublub

marcelveldt

What do you mean with issue of Openelec? - I have a standard x64 machine :-) (you probably meant bob808 with that line)

I have no issue with you working on my rig, just have to figure out a way to get it working as I don't have a VPN capable router at the moment - so my 1st idea would be Teamviewer

Sorry, I indeed swapped two problems ;-) Ignore the Openelec issue.

I've been staring at the code for days and couldn't find what's causing your issue so that's why I asked if I could connect to your pvr system.

Maybe it's enough to just open the port on the router ? If that doesn't work, teamviewer maybe. Please send me a PM for further contact about this.

marcelveldt

Hi, Are you planning to add the option of view windowed trailers and video backdrops of TVtunes???

Yes, it's on the todo list for 3.6 release, so after the current beta 3.5 hits stable

marcelveldt

Media portal - I am running openelec latest beta

OK, I have installed MediaPortal TV server to debug your issue.

What do I need to enable to get grouped recordings ? Does this issue only occur on Openelec or also on Windows ?

borenson

When having number of rows set to 2. It only happens when using extra small tiles

Hi, Just wondered if this would be fixed soon.  Still only get one row of tiles when number of rows is set to 2.  This is happening on openelec and windows.  Thanks

marcelveldt

Hi, Just wondered if this would be fixed soon. Still only get one row of tiles when number of rows is set to 2. This is happening on openelec and windows. Thanks

Just fixed it today, will post new beta in a couple of hours
  • Like 1

e123enitan

Hi Marcel, 3.2.25 would not installed, after several attmepts, it kept prompting update available

Thanks for fixing.

puithove

Hi Marcel,

I use Jarvis builds.  I also have the SMSJump settings enabled for the number buttons on my remote.

Several versions ago, you updated the onscreen keyboard.  Since then it seems that I'm no longer able to do any text entry with SMS keys.  It just doesn't register any key press - not even numbers.  SMS jumping still works in library views.  

Also, navigating through the keys on the onscreen keyboard is a bit wacky.  The highlight jumps strange on the second row from the bottom.  You can reproduce it by opening the keyboard - the highlight will be on the "done" key.  Move up one, and it'll jump over to the "backspace".  Try to move back down, it'll instead jump right over to the forward/back keys which scroll in from off the right side of the screen (another issue - keys off the side of the screen that you have to scroll over to see).  If you move up from the backspace key, the highlight will jump over to the "Caps Lock" key on the far left.  Those are just examples - there's other spots that jump strangely.

This is all with the US English QWERTY keyboard.

puithove

I also wonder if it'd be possible for the notification to respect the transparency setting of other parts - or at least when it's showing over video playback.

I use one of the alternate color schemes, which includes setting the info panes to be pretty transparent (I like this look).

561e37c5e1ffe_ScreenShot20151014at70307A

But the notification pane comes down, and really blocks the screen.  If it was transparent like the info pane, I think it'd be better.  Hopefully that wouldn't adversely affect how it looks when it needs to show over other parts of the GUI though.  It'd be great if you can define the transparency differently for when it's over video playback vs. GUI.

561e38191a60c_ScreenShot20151014at70444A

Edited by puithove

marcelveldt

Installed latest beta last night and sub menus often auto-close immediately after opening them.

Oops, fixed in 3.5.26

marcelveldt

Hi, Just wondered if this would be fixed soon.  Still only get one row of tiles when number of rows is set to 2.  This is happening on openelec and windows.  Thanks

Forgot to report back, it has been fixed in 3.5.25

marcelveldt

Hi Marcel, 3.2.25 would not installed, after several attmepts, it kept prompting update available

Thanks for fixing.

Yep, my mistake.. I have now placed 3.5.26 on the repo which should fix the issue

marcelveldt

Hi Marcel,

I use Jarvis builds.  I also have the SMSJump settings enabled for the number buttons on my remote.

Several versions ago, you updated the onscreen keyboard.  Since then it seems that I'm no longer able to do any text entry with SMS keys.  It just doesn't register any key press - not even numbers.  SMS jumping still works in library views.  

Also, navigating through the keys on the onscreen keyboard is a bit wacky.  The highlight jumps strange on the second row from the bottom.  You can reproduce it by opening the keyboard - the highlight will be on the "done" key.  Move up one, and it'll jump over to the "backspace".  Try to move back down, it'll instead jump right over to the forward/back keys which scroll in from off the right side of the screen (another issue - keys off the side of the screen that you have to scroll over to see).  If you move up from the backspace key, the highlight will jump over to the "Caps Lock" key on the far left.  Those are just examples - there's other spots that jump strangely.

This is all with the US English QWERTY keyboard.

I can't remember me updating the onscreen keyboard. Haven't touch that ugly bastard for about a year ;-) Maybe I did change something that had impact on the keyboard, you'll never know.

What I have just done in 3.5.26 beta release is setting the initial focus to the text field, can you try if that fixes your sms input stuff ?

About the wacky buttons.. Well.. I have looked at it about 30 mins today and corrected some of the buttons but tbh I have to put some more time in it because that thing is a hell the code. I will do so soon, I promiss ;-)

puithove

I can't remember me updating the onscreen keyboard. Haven't touch that ugly bastard for about a year ;-) Maybe I did change something that had impact on the keyboard, you'll never know.

What I have just done in 3.5.26 beta release is setting the initial focus to the text field, can you try if that fixes your sms input stuff ?

About the wacky buttons.. Well.. I have looked at it about 30 mins today and corrected some of the buttons but tbh I have to put some more time in it because that thing is a hell the code. I will do so soon, I promiss ;-)

LOL - I see you have a lot of love for it :)  Yea, I just remember at one point thinking, "Hmmm, keyboard looks different".  That was when I also noticed the SMS keys didn't work anymore.

Yes, on .26, I see the text entry is highlighted (focused) when first opening the keyboard.  This DOES fix the SMS input.  However, as soon as you use the arrow keys to navigate on the keyboard, there doesn't seem to be a way to get the focus back to the input space, so SMS is again broken at that point - until you close and re-open the keyboard.

Nice catch there, didn't realize there was even a focus issue.  And thanks!

Edited by puithove