marcelveldt

xnappo

Hi. I am not sure what setting I am missing or where it may be, but didn't there used to be a way to change the default tile picture on the addon tiles? I know you can change it for the Live TV, Settings and Weather tile but I can't seem to find it for say my DVD, Bluray, Music folders that are being pulled in from the server.

Thanks.

-Jason

You change those on the server.  Edit them just like you would edit the artwork for a show/movie.

xnappo

jasonmcroy

You change those on the server. Edit them just like you would edit the artwork for a show/movie.

xnappo

Yes, I do have my own images set for each of my folders on the server, but they aren't showing up in the skin tiles.

On an earlier version of the skin you could do this manually inside the skin settings as well.

It would be fine with me if it pulled down my server images too, but it doesn't.

-Jason

jasonmcroy

Jason, You're right, the custom images for userlibraries (on the homemenu buttons) were missing, will be fixed in version 1.9.3

There's currently no way to get those images from the MB3 server as the XBMB3C client doesn't provide them.

That's cool. Adding my own custom images is fine. Thanks for adding that back in!

-Jason

marcelveldt

In a few days there will be a update of the skin, there were some outstanding feature-requests which are now included:

- Added support for series recordings (serverWMC only)
- Added new feature to sort the home-menu buttons
- Fixed functionality to setup custom image on homescreen buttons for MB3 user libraries

Edited by marcelveldt
  • Like 2

marcelveldt

Yes, I do have my own images set for each of my folders on the server, but they aren't showing up in the skin tiles.

On an earlier version of the skin you could do this manually inside the skin settings as well.

It would be fine with me if it pulled down my server images too, but it doesn't.

-Jason

Jason, You're right, the custom images for userlibraries (on the homemenu buttons) were missing, will be fixed in version 1.9.3

There's currently no way to get those images from the MB3 server as the XBMB3C client doesn't provide them.

Edited by marcelveldt

marcelveldt

New version of the skin now available:

v.1.9.5
- Added support for series recordings (serverWMC only)
- Fixed custom backgrounds for Mediabrowser User library tiles

And a very cool new feature to arange the homescreen tiles !

• Like 3

marcelveldt

===Important Update===

Today a new version of the skin will be available, version 1.9.7 in the repo.

In this version I had to change the skin's font; Apparently the font that was included wasn't opensource so I've changed it to a font that can be distributed freely.

Thanks XBMC Team to point me in that direction :-)

Also in this new version is a restyle of all elements to give it a more modern approach.

I've deciced to make this new design the default for the skin. If you are currently using the skin and you like the old way better:

You can still switch back to the old (rounded) style by selecting a different theme for the skin: classic.

jasonmcroy

I have installed this via the repo. I love the tiles much better this way than the rounded tiles, so great job!

Is there a way to remove the black overlay on the bottom of the tile and/or the name of the tile? I would even been willing to do this via the xml file if you tell me which one and where in that one this would be listed.

Thanks!

-Jason

marcelveldt

I think something might be wrong with the zip file - won't install for me.

xnappo

Fixed....

marcelveldt

I have installed this via the repo. I love the tiles much better this way than the rounded tiles, so great job!

Is there a way to remove the black overlay on the bottom of the tile and/or the name of the tile? I would even been willing to do this via the xml file if you tell me which one and where in that one this would be listed.

Thanks!

-Jason

Thanks! The rounded icons where a exact copy of the MediaPortal skin, but I like this better :-)

In all views you can disable that behaviour with "toggle icon layout" in the view options.

Or do you mean on the home tiles ?

• Like 1

jasonmcroy

Thanks! The rounded icons where a exact copy of the MediaPortal skin, but I like this better :-)

In all views you can disable that behaviour with "toggle icon layout" in the view options.

Or do you mean on the home tiles ?

I mean on the home tiles.

-Jason

• Like 1

marcelveldt

I mean on the home tiles.

-Jason

OK, because of all your great feedback Í've just added that option to the skin settings.

Too bad I just uploaded version 1.9.7 so now there's another version bump :-)

Hopefully not too many users had downloaded the update allready.

So, if you have a little patience (or try to force refresh the repo) you should have a version 1.9.8 with that addition.

Please let me know if there are any flaws in the version. I do a lot of testing myself but there's Always a chance I miss something...

• Like 1

jasonmcroy

OK, because of all your great feedback Í've just added that option to the skin settings.

Too bad I just uploaded version 1.9.7 so now there's another version bump :-)

Hopefully not too many users had downloaded the update allready.

So, if you have a little patience (or try to force refresh the repo) you should have a version 1.9.8 with that addition.

Please let me know if there are any flaws in the version. I do a lot of testing myself but there's Always a chance I miss something...

You're awesome! Ok, I will give it some time and update it.

By the way, how could I thank you with a donation somewhere for all the work you have done on this skin and so quickly?

Thanks again!

-Jason

• Like 2

jasonmcroy

I have updated to the newest version. 

One issue so far that I have noticed:

For the tiles that link to my TV Series, Recorded TV and Music if I select to use my own image on those tiles each one of those tiles shows the image that I chose for the TV Series tile. 

If I change it back to use the random fan art image on the TV Series tile only and leave the Recorded TV tile and the Music tile as using my own image, then both the TV Series and Recorded TV tile start showing random fan art but the music tile then defaults to the default image. 

All of the other tiles show correctly. I am using a DVD tile, Bluray tile, TV Series Tile, TV Recordings tile, Weather tile, Music tile and settings tile. 

-Jason

marcelveldt

You're awesome! Ok, I will give it some time and update it.

By the way, how could I thank you with a donation somewhere for all the work you have done on this skin and so quickly?

Thanks again!

-Jason

Thanks! No need for donations, you can buy me a beer if you're around in The Netherlands :) haha

No need for donations. I do this for fun and because of users like you with great feedback I can keep improving the skin.

Your compliment is allready a great donation :)

One issue so far that I have noticed:

For the tiles that link to my TV Series, Recorded TV and Music if I select to use my own image on those tiles each one of those tiles shows the image that I chose for the TV Series tile. 

Hmm, looks like there's a flaw somewhere there then. I'll look into it later today. The whole tiles section is a very complex part of the skin so I'm not surprised.

marcelveldt

Update for the skin is now available, version 2.0.3:

- fixed small issues for compatibility with xbmc repo
- new method for sorting home tiles
- added watched/unwatched (and unwatched episodes) icon in all views

- fixed issue with custom tile images for MB3 libraries
- added support for (optional) Lyrics in music
- cleaned up music views

- fixed several issues with dialogs and overlays
- improved banner views

• Like 4

SikSlayer

I'm not seeing 2.0.3 in the repo, I'm on 13.2 Gotham.

More importantly, the Artwork Downloader plugin is downloading extrafanart and extrathumbs folders, despite my having those disabled. You would of course say that this is something for me to bring up to the developer of that addon, but its only happening with Titan.

marcelveldt

I'm not seeing 2.0.3 in the repo, I'm on 13.2 Gotham.

More importantly, the Artwork Downloader plugin is downloading extrafanart and extrathumbs folders, despite my having those disabled. You would of course say that this is something for me to bring up to the developer of that addon, but its only happening with Titan.

The repo is currently a bit slow with the sync, it should update somewhere within the next 24 hours...

Also, what you mentioned about the Artwork downloader is fixed within this version.

Basically the skin initializes the artwork script to download the landscape artwork but it did also download other. Fixed to only download artwork required for the skin (landscape).

• Like 1

marcelveldt

haha :) , strange thing that the repo isn't up to sync. It is currently being investigated so hopefully it will be solved soon.

Thanks for you patience!

jasonmcroy

Skin still awesome. One more thing I have noticed and maybe I am in the minority of people with this need. I use a "special" plugin that I use to download some videos. In other skins it shows me a bar with the download % and time left for the download. In the Titan skin I only get the spinning circle in the center of the screen. The video still downloads but I like to have the visual time left if that is possible to implement without too much trouble.

-Jason

marcelveldt

Skin still awesome. One more thing I have noticed and maybe I am in the minority of people with this need. I use a "special" plugin that I use to download some videos. In other skins it shows me a bar with the download % and time left for the download. In the Titan skin I only get the spinning circle in the center of the screen. The video still downloads but I like to have the visual time left if that is possible to implement without too much trouble.

-Jason

Hi Jason, I'll take a look at it.

Please send (or PM) me the name of the plugin so I can test it myself...

I used to use Mediaportal & loved Titan but after I stopped using TV-Server, I went back to XBMC/Plex server but this port has prompted me to try mediabrowser.

I am currently running it single seat on a HP N40L which isn't exactly a power house but I don't recall Titan (Mepo) being sluggish on the same hardware, is this considered a heavy skin on XBMC, maybe I'm too used to Amber which is a really lightweight skin?

marcelveldt

For all that are waiting for the latest version to be available on the repo:

Currently there seems to be a problem with the changes from the repo being replicated to the download locations.

This is under investigation and will be fixed as soon as possible.