marcelveldt

im85288

If it helps the propertys are in BackroundLoader.py, I found these:

WINDOW.setProperty("xbmb3c_collection_menuitem_name_" + str(collection_count), name)
            WINDOW.setProperty("xbmb3c_collection_menuitem_action_" + str(collection_count), actionUrl)
            WINDOW.setProperty("xbmb3c_collection_menuitem_collection_" + str(collection_count), name)
            WINDOW.setProperty("xbmb3c_collection_menuitem_content_" + str(collection_count), contentUrl)

But they do need to be documented as I have to admit to not knowing their usage... @ will know for sure though :)

marcelveldt

Awesome :) I'm available to test if you like, or I'll just wait until your ready.

Nice feature request with the artwork, I may take a look in a bit to see what can be done.

I have a first version of the "quick resume" page ready...

It will give you direct tiles to movies you are watching, episodes you are watching (and next episodes). Also first raw version of "recommended movies" based on criteria.

Usage: press "up" button on home page. Curenlty only works for MB3 mode but classic mode will be supported soon.

Let me know what you think of it!

download:  http://marcel-rosmalen.no-ip.org/skin.titan.test.zip

im85288

I have a first version of the "quick resume" page ready...

It will give you direct tiles to movies you are watching, episodes you are watching (and next episodes). Also first raw version of "recommended movies" based on criteria.

Usage: press "up" button on home page. Curenlty only works for MB3 mode but classic mode will be supported soon.

Let me know what you think of it!

download:  http://marcel-rosmalen.no-ip.org/skin.titan.test.zip

Awesome, works really well and nicely integrated...great stuff!! The only thing I noticed was not all my next up shows were shown (I have about 30!!)..is that just down to it being a test version. 

marcelveldt

As I said it is not as straight forward as I would like but it can be done.

No problem at all, great stuff! I'll implement it the same way for my homescreen tiles.

It's just that "finishing touch" ;)

marcelveldt

Awesome, works really well and nicely integrated...great stuff!! The only thing I noticed was not all my next up shows were shown (I have about 30!!)..is that just down to it being a test version. 

Thanks! Testversion only includes 10 items, releaseversion will contain all.

I'm going to finish that screen tonight and add all the extra optional tiles. Did you notice I fixed the tv channel labels ?

When tested well and polished up I'll release new version on the repo.

marcelveldt

Cool, glad you like it, I added filtering to the background and widgets (most recent and currently playing) as it was sometime I has not seen done in any other skin and wanted to see how it could be done in the XBMC skinning architecture.

For the widgets I ended up using the new dynamic content approach instead of having a whole bunch of windows properties, this allows much better flexibility. There is also an initiative to add better include support with parameters in the Skin engine in XBMC in the next version "Helix" what will also make skinnig IMO mush better and more reusable allowing true componatisation of skin items.

I had a look at the properties and I get how it is used in Confluence. Also nice work with the dynamic content approach. For Titan hower this won't work as I've created the "live tiles" in Titan which is showing backdrop (fanart) on every tile. There are no menuitem properties for fanart available, also the dynamic list that can be retrieved through the menuitem_content_x property only contains poster-image not the landscape or fanart image. So basically I'd like to extend the properties available for skins and would be nice to go the dynamic content approach for nextup/in progress items and stuff. Now I have to manually create about 50 items to include in every list what can be done by code for every skin. If I have some time tonight I'll take a look at the code if I see any simple solutions.

xnappo

Yeah, the manual creation of all those widget items is a major pain - so it would be nice to use @'s approach - I have been thinking about diving in with Nox too.

xnappo

jasonmcroy

Is it possible to have it also pull all folders from the server? At the moment I get my Bluray folder and DVD folder which is good. However I also have a music video folder that diesn't seem to show up.

Great skin though! I really am enjoying it. I like the epg grid too.

-Jason

mini__me

Sorry if I've missed an option somewhere, I don't see a channel option in this skin?

Is it me being stupid or is it yet to be included?

Cheers

mini

im85288

Sorry if I've missed an option somewhere, I don't see a channel option in this skin?

Is it me being stupid or is it yet to be included?

Cheers

mini

Yeah it's not included yet, I think it's on the todo list though as I asked about it a few posts back

• Like 1

marcelveldt

Channels (and some more specific MB features) are currently beiing added. A beta version will be available soon.

• Like 1

marcelveldt

Yeah, the manual creation of all those widget items is a major pain - so it would be nice to use @'s approach - I have been thinking about diving in with Nox too.

xnappo

see PM, I think I've found a very clean and easy solution

marcelveldt

Is it possible to have it also pull all folders from the server? At the moment I get my Bluray folder and DVD folder which is good. However I also have a music video folder that diesn't seem to show up.

Great skin though! I really am enjoying it. I like the epg grid too.

-Jason

Hi Jason,

all folders will be included. Would you like to test a new beta version of the skin and XBMB3C add-on somewhere this week ?

Spaceboy

i really like this theme, the simplicity of the look and the ease of install is great. also works well on the pi

• Like 1

marcelveldt

I have a new beta version ready of the skin and need some people willing to test it out.

In this skin is the new method added for dynamically filling content from the XBMB3C service.

Changes in this version

- changed methods of loading content (dynamic now)

- added background service for backgrounds in the skin

- added MB3 channels and Favourite movies

- added extra user defined libraries (max 5 per category)

- added progressbar in EPG

- fixed subtitle-scraper support (native xbmc)

- added settinglevel button in settings

Most important change in this version is the new "carrousel" homescreen.

You can press UP on your remote (or keyboard) to scroll the homescreen to next page, which is a "quick resume" page with in progress movies, tvseries etc.

--> this new feature is only available for Mediabrowser mode.

Important! This betaversion of the skin depends on betaversion of the XBMB3C plugin because of the new methods to dynamically retrieve data.

Downloadlinks for BETA:

edit: downloadlinks removes as download is available in repo

Just install the zip's in XBMB3C, no need to remove current versions first.

I'm very curious about the testresults and feedback!

post-1228-0-52741300-1407963017_thumb.png

Edited by marcelveldt

jasonmcroy

First of all, VERY, VERY NICE JOB!! I am really liking the additions. Everything seems to be working fine internally when I move around and open different windows. I really like that the progress bar on the epg grid only has a bar and not the transparent fade effect from the bar backwards like in some other skins. I actually delete that image generally in other skins as I find it annoying, but I like your approach.

The only issue I see, and it's probably something to do with the plugin itself is that it takes about 20 to 30 seconds to exit XBMC. This issue came up once before about a month ago and it was fixed then. I am not sure if it's a similar problem or some other plugin I have. (I think the Icefilms plugin always adds and additional 5 seconds to the log out time)

I am attaching a log so you can see if there is anything that looks suspicious to you that may be causing this.

Otherwise, looks awesome to me!

http://pastebin.com/MHkeu0wg

-Jason

• Like 1

marcelveldt

The only issue I see, and it's probably something to do with the plugin itself is that it takes about 20 to 30 seconds to exit XBMC. This issue came up once before about a month ago and it was fixed then. I am not sure if it's a similar problem or some other plugin I have. (I think the Icefilms plugin always adds and additional 5 seconds to the log out time)

Hi Jason, thanks again for the feedback.

Please download the testversion of the skin again if you will.

I fixed the problem with the script lockup, so shutdown is fine now.

jasonmcroy

Hi Jason, thanks again for the feedback.

Please download the testversion of the skin again if you will.

I fixed the problem with the script lockup, so shutdown is fine now.

Great! The program closes correctly now. Thanks!

-Jason

tube82

Thanks for the fantastic skin!

I just tested the Beta and here is a small bug report.

1. Season list view has the season number instead of the episode count:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-iJnwQCTVZ4d20tekNmdl9naVE/edit?usp=sharing

2. If 'Toggle Overlay' is enabled, stretched regular covers are used instead of the 16:9 thumbs

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-iJnwQCTVZ4VV9rZHRDYnBEczA/edit?usp=sharing

3. In series list, number of episodes is missing. Only the unwatched count is displayed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-iJnwQCTVZ4aGM3TXBpS01zbEU/edit?usp=sharing

Thats all I could find so far. I also have a suggestion: Would an option to use 16:9 thumbs instead of the fanart + name in the "carroussel" be possible?

Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

marcelveldt

Thanks for the fantastic skin!

I just tested the Beta and here is a small bug report.

1. Season list view has the season number instead of the episode count:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-iJnwQCTVZ4d20tekNmdl9naVE/edit?usp=sharing

2. If 'Toggle Overlay' is enabled, stretched regular covers are used instead of the 16:9 thumbs

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-iJnwQCTVZ4VV9rZHRDYnBEczA/edit?usp=sharing

3. In series list, number of episodes is missing. Only the unwatched count is displayed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-iJnwQCTVZ4aGM3TXBpS01zbEU/edit?usp=sharing

Thats all I could find so far. I also have a suggestion: Would an option to use 16:9 thumbs instead of the fanart + name in the "carroussel" be possible?

Keep up the great work!

Nice catch! I fixed the issue with the missing/incorrect episodes labels.

I've used fanart + custom overlay (the title) as a default as I've noticed that the "landscape" banners weren't always available.

My meaning was that users can decide if they choose to use my approach with the fanart + label or the default thumb (without overlay).

Just noticed that instead of the landscapes the default thumbs where used... changed that :-) Thanks for the tip.

Could you please download the latest beta version to check if this corrects your problem and if you like the thumbs ?

http://marcel-rosmalen.no-ip.org/skin.titan.test.zip

Edited by marcelveldt
  • Like 1

marcelveldt

New release of the Titan skin is available. Lot's of improvements like the new "quick resume page" which you can acces with the UP button on your remote (or keyboard).

Changelog:

v.1.9.0
- Added 3D support for MediaBrowser
- Added backgroundservice for artwork on tiles
- Fixed subtitle controls (now native in XBMC)
- Added dynamic loading of content lists
- Added quick access to NextUp items and in progress movies (MB3 only)
- Added settinglevel button in settings screen
- Fixed various graphic and animation issues
- Added progress-indicator in EPG view
- Added MediaBrowser channels and Favorite movies tiles
- Added MusicVideos tiles
- Added direct tile to xbmb3c plugin
- Added button to settings for xbmb3c in skin settings
- Fixed titan banners showing normal thumb instead of landscape
- Fixed episodecount in listviews was incorrect
- Added virtualisation (incl. artist fanart) support in music library
- Added playercontrols to music fullscreen view
- Extended custom tiles for MediaBrowser (5 per category)
- Added option that required fanart for the skin is downloaded upon install and startup

Users will get the skin automatically updated through the repository.

• Like 3

jasonmcroy

Hi. I am not sure what setting I am missing or where it may be, but didn't there used to be a way to change the default tile picture on the addon tiles? I know you can change it for the Live TV, Settings and Weather tile but I can't seem to find it for say my DVD, Bluray, Music folders that are being pulled in from the server.

Thanks.

-Jason