marcelveldt

xnappo

I don't see how the CoverArt option could cause that error. Possibly try deleting the caches in the addon data directory.

xnappo

jasonmcroy

Ok. I downloaded the Beta version and installed it. I do indeed like the new view options! Great job.

However, the Banners view for TV Shows looks a bit squished from side to side rather than being longer as they look in other skins. Other than that it looks awesome!

I think I have a new skin!

-Jason

marcelveldt

Great to hear you like the extra banner views. I'm currently addressing the latest things with the images so that will all be fixed.

Also I've just fixed the issue with the EPG grid.

Could you please download the beta again and check if it's fixed now ?

jasonmcroy

Hi. I downloaded the Beta again and the EPG screen is still freezing XBMC for me. 

-Jason

jasonmcroy

Stepping out for the evening with the wife in case you need further testing I will be back in later on.

-Jason

marcelveldt

Hi. I downloaded the Beta again and the EPG screen is still freezing XBMC for me. 

-Jason

Sorry, my fault... I forgot to put the download in place :-) It's there now.

jasonmcroy

Ok. Will check it out later on.

By the way, Coverart is working correctly now as well.

-Jason

jasonmcroy

Ok, I just installed the updated zip and EPG works just fine now!

Great job on this one so far!

-Jason

marcelveldt

Ok, I just installed the updated zip and EPG works just fine now!

Great job on this one so far!

-Jason

Jason, i've made things final now. See the updated downloadlink in the first post.

Everything is stable now (as far as I could test) and the extra views are also included.

Please let me know how you think about it and if you have any problems or suggestions to add.

Edited by marcelveldt

SikSlayer

I dunno how I missed this for a week, but thank you for continuing development on the skin, and adding XBMB3C support on top!  :P  

jasonmcroy

Jason, i've made things final now. See the updated downloadlink in the first post.

Everything is stable now (as far as I could test) and the extra views are also included.

Please let me know how you think about it and if you have any problems or suggestions to add.

Looks very good indeed!

There is one issue I notice when going into the TV Shows tile. For some reason when I get down to episode level, ie, enter Series tile, Season tile then it lists the episodes, there are no images for that screen no matter what view I select. It shows the text for each show, but no images. Then, when I back out to go back toward the main screen, there are then no images for the Season level and Series level. If I back completely out to the main screen and re-enter into the TV Shows tile the images are there again except at episode level. Whew, hope all that made sense!  :D  I generally set up my TV Shows with banners for the Series screen, Poster for the Season screen and list for the episodes screen.

Other than that one item, it looks and works great. Live TV works just fine with no issues on the EPG that we had before. 

Great job on this one and I am glad to see a new skin come that supports XBMB3C.  Or should we start calling it KODIXBMB3C?  :P

-Jason

marcelveldt

Looks very good indeed!

There is one issue I notice when going into the TV Shows tile. For some reason when I get down to episode level, ie, enter Series tile, Season tile then it lists the episodes, there are no images for that screen no matter what view I select. It shows the text for each show, but no images. Then, when I back out to go back toward the main screen, there are then no images for the Season level and Series level. If I back completely out to the main screen and re-enter into the TV Shows tile the images are there again except at episode level. Whew, hope all that made sense!  :D  I generally set up my TV Shows with banners for the Series screen, Poster for the Season screen and list for the episodes screen.

Other than that one item, it looks and works great. Live TV works just fine with no issues on the EPG that we had before. 

Great job on this one and I am glad to see a new skin come that supports XBMB3C.  Or should we start calling it KODIXBMB3C?  :P

-Jason

Hi Jason, another user had pointed me in that error and i've allready fixed it.

As the skin is now available in the XBMB3C repo it will be available from there...

I will provide you one more downloadlink as the repo isn't updated yet with the most recent version but I recommend you to use the repo's version as of tomorrow.

http://marcel-rosmalen.no-ip.org/repo/skin.titan-1.8.1.zip

This will fix the issue with the list views!

• Like 1

marcelveldt

Skin is now available (with all the fixes) as stable in the XBMB3C repo!

• Like 1

marcelveldt

Awesome! You are very quick as well!

-Jason

Thanks Jason for your great feedback !

• Like 1

im85288

Hi Marcel,

Really great skin and simple to use, there's a few things I miss though and hopefully you can incorporate them:

1. A Next Up/Suggested Movies tile (or something like that) could be nice
  2. A Channels tile - easy access to Trailers channel etc
  3. A XBMB3C tile - so it is easy to get to things like upcoming tv shows, in progress movies etc

There also seems to be a bug in the tv channels view where the channel number is only shown when the menu item is highlighted. 

Some very cool features in though, love the accurate weather :)

marcelveldt

Well, you'd be spoiled then with next release as I am currently implementing some sort of carrousel on the homescreen to toggle between different homescreens...

One of them is the MB3 page with NextUp, currenty watching etc.

Still work in progress so could take me a while but I think it's nice :-)

Want to test it ? I can give you sneak preview in beta version if you want so.

The extra tiles are added allready but not published yet for release.

Actually I'd like some changes in the XBMB3C plugin. For example if you add tile to favourite movies it would be great that artwork is used from that movies etc.

Now I can only get random artwork in general, not for user folders or other categories...

I will look in to the tv channel bug, didn't notice that one yet...

• Like 1

xnappo

MB3.Background.Item.FanArt is the rotating art for the currently selected item - is that what you are looking for?

xnappo

marcelveldt

MB3.Background.Item.FanArt is the rotating art for the currently selected item - is that what you are looking for?

xnappo

Nope, i want to get the (random) artwork for selected categories. For example, only get artwork for the user defined folders libraries in MB3.

Now you can add for example a tile to your bluray movies collection but you see rotating artwork on that tile from all movies.

I want to add tile other categories too, like favourites. Would be nice to see the artwork from movies which are favourite.

It's more a nice-to-have feature then must-have but it makes the skin complete :-)

marcelveldt

Oh, yep a good feature to add :)

xnappo

If you need help implementing it, you know where to find me ;-)

im85288

Well, you'd be spoiled then with next release as I am currently implementing some sort of carrousel on the homescreen to toggle between different homescreens...

One of them is the MB3 page with NextUp, currenty watching etc.

Still work in progress so could take me a while but I think it's nice :-)

Want to test it ? I can give you sneak preview in beta version if you want so.

The extra tiles are added allready but not published yet for release.

Actually I'd like some changes in the XBMB3C plugin. For example if you add tile to favourite movies it would be great that artwork is used from that movies etc.

Now I can only get random artwork in general, not for user folders or other categories...

I will look in to the tv channel bug, didn't notice that one yet...

Awesome :) I'm available to test if you like, or I'll just wait until your ready.

Nice feature request with the artwork, I may take a look in a bit to see what can be done.

im85288

This sounds a like what I did for Confluence, I added section filtering to the background, so when you select a menu item for a section say Kids Movies the background and spotlighted item is selected from that section only.

Cool, well I'll let you take over this area. When looking into it briefly I did find things in the code like:

Windows(Home).Property(xbmb3c_collection_menuitem_name_)

Would you be able to document what these do in the skin properties section for others to integrate if needed.

EDIT - posted the same time as Marcel below :)

Edited by im85288

marcelveldt

This sounds a like what I did for Confluence, I added section filtering to the background, so when you select a menu item for a section say Kids Movies the background and spotlighted item is selected from that section only.

That's exactly what I mean, but I can't seem to find a reference for it on this page: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/5485-skin-support-window-properties-available/

marcelveldt

Cool, well I'll let you take over this area. When looking into it briefly I did find things in the code like:

Windows(Home).Property(xbmb3c_collection_menuitem_name_)

Would you be able to document what these do in the skin properties section for others to integrate if needed.

Yes, that's what I found too looking at the confluence skin. I'll dig into XBMB3C's code to find out what they do, seems that it's what I mean :-)