marcelveldt

marcelveldt

So, am I right in thinking that the skin is not compatible with Cover Art right now? That's a bit of a deal breaker for me, sorry. Other than that, this looks like a very nice skin.

It's not the skin that is causing that issue, must be something server-side or in the XBMB3C plugin as other skins have the same issue since latest update. I'm still collecting info and figuring out what is causing it. I'm not 100% sure it is caused by CoverArt. All I can say is that in my case that fixed the problemen (but maybe it was something else) I'm going to enable the CoverArt plugin again somewhere today to see if the problem is back.

jasonmcroy

I haven't had time to play around with this a lot just yet. I can confirm I get a script error if I enter the root folder of the plugin and select 'All Movies'. However, I always break my movies into two categories and enter the folders from the home screen via those (using nodes in skins that support that).

I also use the Coverart plugin and was the biggest draw to Media Browser for me. 

I won't be back to my computer until later tonight so maybe I will have some time to play with it then. 

-Jason

marcelveldt

However, I always break my movies into two categories and enter the folders from the home screen via those (using nodes in skins that support that).

Then you're in luck as I just added support for that ;-)

And would you want a tile/gadget for every category or a submenu on the movies tile ?

I've now added a (optional) submenu on the tile but the adding of tiles for own categories isn't a big deal.

I will upload the updated version of the skin later today, made lot's of enhancements for the XBM3C integration.

jasonmcroy

Nice! I like to have a seperate tile for each of my Media Browser folders.

-Jason

jasonmcroy

I downloaded the zip and installed in XBMC. The tiles for my DVD files and Bluray files show up and are working great! TV Shows are also working just fine. 

Music tile isn't pulling up my music from the server. It takes me to a page for Music Addons/Files, but nothing is there.

I am not sure if you changed anything in this version regarding Live TV but that still is not working for me. The first time I selected it I did see the screen for the Channels page, but the moment I tried to select the EPG page XBMC freezes up and I have to open task manager to exit. 

By the way, will you be adding any additional view options in TV Shows and Movies? Right now there is only the list view for TV Shows and I like to use the Banners view. In Movies there is the option for List and Showcase. Showcase is ok, but I prefer some type of Poster view that scrolls across the screen.

Looking much better though, it's getting there!

-Jason

marcelveldt

I downloaded the zip and installed in XBMC. The tiles for my DVD files and Bluray files show up and are working great! TV Shows are also working just fine. 

Great to hear that it's working it is intended. Thanks for testing it.

Music tile isn't pulling up my music from the server. It takes me to a page for Music Addons/Files, but nothing is there.

Do you have your music in Mediabrowser's webinterface ?

And, when you open the XBMB3C plugin manually, do you have your music collection then ?

I am not sure if you changed anything in this version regarding Live TV but that still is not working for me. The first time I selected it I did see the screen for the Channels page, but the moment I tried to select the EPG page XBMC freezes up and I have to open task manager to exit. 

LiveTV was allready working fine in previous versions, i just added option that you can select the view to open. Tested PVR with about 5 machines (Linux and windows)  and didnt see any problems. I have examined your xbmc log and I see some errors regarding PVR:

ERROR: PVR - ADDON::CAddonCallbacksPVR::PVRTransferTimerEntry - cannot find channel 8101 on client 1

Could you please test with another skin if PVR is working then ?

By the way, will you be adding any additional view options in TV Shows and Movies? Right now there is only the list view for TV Shows and I like to use the Banners view. In Movies there is the option for List and Showcase. Showcase is ok, but I prefer some type of Poster view that scrolls across the screen.

Yes I will be. I am using the list view myself so I gave that most priority and attention. The showcase view was included in the original skin port so I've added that one too. After I've fininished this version to stable I will add another view like the poster view. Can you give me an example of how that should look like for me to get some ideas? For example another skin which has it implemented (or another application). I was currently thinking to implement the same tile views like to home screen for that, just nice big tiles with your movies, but that's just an idea I'm playing with.

Looking much better though, it's getting there!

Thanks, nice to get some feedback to finish the final bits in getting it perfect :-)

Edited by marcelveldt

jasonmcroy

Ok, I tested everything again. Music now works just fine. I didn't change anything so I am not sure why, but at least it's working fine now. 

I tested the PVR in MQ5 and the Custom Confluence skin and both are working fine with the PVR function. I can post another log where I just go directly into XBMC and then the Live TV section to show what occurs. I haven't had any issues with Live TV before on any skin.

Regarding the views, here is a screenshot of Poster view from MQ5:

53de47732ecb4_Capture.png

-Jason

jasonmcroy

Are people still having problems with CoverArt?

xnappo

Coverart doesn't seem to display for me, but it doesn't cause any error whenI have it turned on. The images that show are just the plain poster style images.

-Jason

xnappo

That is odd.  I can't take an in-depth look as I am out of town with only tablet :)  But I looked at the code I added to disable CoverArt and don't see anything obvious.  Does it happen with all skins?  Maybe this skin is cropping it out?  I had that problem with Nox originally.

If it does occur with all skins, you might try deleting your textures db file.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

jasonmcroy

I can check later on if it is a problem in other skins, but I think it is just Titan. I have only been using the plain view with Coverart for a few weeks now.

The Titan skins seems to default to the rounded corner look that is standard in Media Portal, so maybe that is what is happening.

-Jason

marcelveldt

@xnappo:

I've just enabled CovertArt again on my Mediabrowser server and all is fine now. Don't know what caused the problem the other day but I'm glad it's fixed.

Now I can modify my skin to adopt CoverArt media. Is there any way I can get the setting from XBMB3C plugin if coverart is enabled/disabled ? That way I can disable my own overlays in case that covertart is in use...

@Jason: would you like to test again with the skin today ? I've added some extra views you may like :-)

Also, I'd be interested in your logfile as I cant seem to figure out why PVR isn't working with you. What XBMC version are you using ?

Edited by marcelveldt

jasonmcroy

I can do some more testing later this afternoon. Do I just use your download link from the previous post?

I will also get you a log when I get home.

Thanks!

- Jason

marcelveldt

I'll update the file later on, after that you can use the beta downloadlink again.

It will be available within an hour, I will let you know when. I try to fix the CovertArt support in the meanwhile.

• Like 1

jasonmcroy

I'll update the file later on, after that you can use the beta downloadlink again.

It will be available within an hour, I will let you know when. I try to fix the CovertArt support in the meanwhile.

Excellent. Just let me know when it's updated and I will download and play with it some more since I am home earlier than I thought I would be.

Here is my log from opening XBMC and then going into the Live TV tile.

http://pastebin.com/QNxcR8UD

Thanks!

-Jason

• Like 1

jasonmcroy

I have an update for you on the Live TV issue.

I was just playing around with it a bit and found the option under skin settings to turn off "Open Guide with the Button" under the Live TV gadget settings. 

When I turned that off, I can enter the Live TV tile and it opens to the Channels list screen. I can play live tv if I only use that screen.

If I use the arrow key and go to the left to open the side menu and then arrow down to the EPG Guide option it instantly freezes. It appears to be a problem with the EPG screen only, which is the screen I prefer to use anyway. 

Hopefully that narrows it down some at least!

-Jason

• Like 1

marcelveldt

Don't forget the blog post:)

:D  no, I won't. Finishing up some small issues and then it will be submitted in the repo. Together with a nice blog post off course ;-)

• Like 1

marcelveldt

If I use the arrow key and go to the left to open the side menu and then arrow down to the EPG Guide option it instantly freezes. It appears to be a problem with the EPG screen only, which is the screen I prefer to use anyway. 

What default guide mode do you have selected in settings--> live TV ?

Also, what DVR plugin are you using ?

• Like 1

jasonmcroy

What default guide mode do you have selected in settings--> live TV ?

Also, what DVR plugin are you using ?

I am not sure where you're pointing me to. If you mean the Live TV setting in XBMC under the EPG settings, it is set to Timeline. 

Here is a screenshot of that window so I can tell if that is where you meant to point me:

53de8a55d22cd_Capture.png

I am using NextPVR as my DVR and XBMC Gotham (I noticed you asked me that earlier and I never answered).

-Jason

Edited by jasonmcroy

marcelveldt

That's the setting I meant....

In the meanwhile i managed to reproduce the issue myself on my windows machine (the Linux machine doesn't have the problem)

Opening the "timeline view" will crash XBMC. I will investigate it.

In the meanwhile... could you test the new beta version ?

No fix for TV yet (am working on it now) but the first basics of other views....

http://marcel-rosmalen.org/skin.titan.1.8.zip

• Like 1

jasonmcroy

Ok. If it matters for information, I am running Windows 8.1 as well.

The link you provided in your last post takes me to "unable to find page" screen.

The beta download link on the first page post works though, is that the same version in the above link?

-Jason

marcelveldt

Ok. If it matters for information, I am running Windows 8.1 as well.

The link you provided in your last post takes me to "unable to find page" screen.

The beta download link on the first page post works though, is that the same version in the above link?

-Jason

Yes link on first page (the beta one) is the correct one... Must be some typo in previous post.

Problem indead exists on win8.1 and not on other platforms.

Also I just figured out that enabling CoverArt on the server broke my "all movies" section again so that's something that needs to be addressed in the XBMBC3 plugin. Luckily I build support in the skin for the movie collections form MB so it isn't a real deal breaker.

@xnappo: Do you have any clue what that the problem can be ? Accessing xbmb3c.usr.movies.X.path is fine but xbmb3c.std.movies.0.path is dead for some reason. Error in xbmc log:

21:58:43 T:139763503838976   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'list' object has no attribute 'get'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/mediacenter/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/default.py", line 2325, in <module>
                                                getContent(param_url)
                                              File "/home/mediacenter/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/default.py", line 1112, in getContent
                                                validator = "_" + getAllMoviesCacheValidator(server,url)
                                              File "/home/mediacenter/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/default.py", line 1033, in getAllMoviesCacheValidator
                                                printDebug ("RecursiveItemCount: " + str(result.get("RecursiveItemCount")))
                                            AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'get'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:58:43 T:139763451393792   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22)
21:58:43 T:139763451393792   ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.