How to filter IPTV M3U Channels

viewjamaica

viewjamaica

I love emby especially recording feature but my iptv provider give multiple links of the same channel in HD and FHD but some of the channels only the HD channel is available is there a way to filter what channel emby use to b the primary channel.

If yes really appreciate someone tell me how to do it.

On 12/3/2020 at 6:43 PM, viewjamaica said:

I love emby especially recording feature but my iptv provider give multiple links of the same channel in HD and FHD but some of the channels only the HD channel is available is there a way to filter what channel emby use to b the primary channel.

If yes really appreciate someone tell me how to do it.

Hi, at present there is not a way to do this easily but you will be able to do this in Emby in the near future when we release the upcoming new Live TV project.

For now you're best bet would be to download and install XteVe (www.https://xteve.de/ )

You can install that as a service and what it can do is allow you to manage your playlist including filtering, hiding channels, re-organizing & renumbering them.
So you could for example mark the "duplicate" channels as non active and only use the best or highest quality channel.

With xTeve you can have a much smaller channel list that's better organized for passing into Emby.

It may seem a bit hard to grasp at first how to use it but it will "click" and then become very easy to use. Learn how to filter your list first to only the country group(s) and language you want, then work on the other things.  Remember to SAVE CHANGES.

TJSNHS04
On 12/4/2020 at 12:43 AM, viewjamaica said:

Adoro emby in particolare la funzione di registrazione, ma il mio provider iptv fornisce più collegamenti dello stesso canale in HD e FHD ma alcuni dei canali solo il canale HD è disponibile c'è un modo per filtrare quale canale emby usa per b il canale principale.

Se sì apprezzo davvero qualcuno dimmi come farlo.

image.thumb.png.7bffc328e040e8113e46ab7499885612.png

Edited by TJSNHS04

Hi, what you want to do is remove the lesser quality channels from the M3U file before Emby gets them.

You can do this by hand or using a program such as xTeVe.
https://xteve.de/

Many people use xTeVe with Emby for it's filtering and renumbering channel abilities.

viewjamaica

Didn't find away with emby but I did find a way to filter the channels that I only want to show in the guide.

If u r able to get a m3u.TXT file with the info of the channel, Username, password and ports the IPTV use for to access the link for the channel.

So what I did is to open the m3u.txt with notepad in windows and from there I delete the channels I don't want then save changes.

Then go to emby n upload the m3u.txt file in live TV by browsing to the location of the file.

Hope this help.

• 1 month later...
riverboat2001

You could also look at i EPG for IPTV (https://epg.best/)

It is a paid service, but it's so easy to use. I've been using it for about two years now, and if I can manage it then anyone can!

You can instantly remove all the foreign language channels, and then start adding and removing and sorting out what's left. 

• Like 1