Secureing emby with a domain and crt

Pain

I have a domain I bought for emby and have been using it for a while with no issues. I just paid for SSL thru my webhost and have the crts. In all the directions I have read they always ask for a .pfx file. It should be simple and strait forward I would think. Can I get some help real quick like please @Luke thanks

Hi

For one I don't have a pfx file only crt. And the rest in emby looks strait forward. I should only have to change the Secure connection mode? I plan on using the same secure port 8920

I have not and it seems complected. Nothing never simple. Theres got to be a simpler way like a generator or something?

I think I have it figured out. I got openssl installed and tested with another domain and it generated the pfx I need. But I just added the SSL to my emby domain and its not generating the key for me. So I have them helping me with that for now then Ill see if I can get it working.

I guess no one shares their server domain names around here?

Thank you for your help @Luke Ill report back..

Hi @Luke I believe I have it figured out. Its secure under SSL now. So my certificate expires every year will I have to generate a new pfx from the updated crt if they even update them?

6 minutes ago, Pain said:

Hi @Luke I believe I have it figured out. Its secure under SSL now. So my certificate expires every year will I have to generate a new pfx from the updated crt if they even update them?

Yes most likely.

Thanks for the feedback !

• Like 1

Do you no how I could have my URL redirect to the port? So when you enter the URL in a browser the browser will take you right to the correct port and open emby in that browser?

Thanks

tomnjerry74
22 hours ago, Pain said:

Do you no how I could have my URL redirect to the port? So when you enter the URL in a browser the browser will take you right to the correct port and open emby in that browser?

Thanks

That would be a reverse proxy.

I know you just got everything set up, but because you're on Synology there's a much easier way to do this that would provide benefits like:

• Free (no need to buy a cert from your domain provider)
  • Automatic (no need to worry about generating and uploading files)

I think it would benefit you in the long run. If it's something you'd be interested in, let me know and I'll be happy to help ~