Device images

GrimReaper

GrimReaper

Where do Device icons/images/thumbnails come from? I'd assume they get pulled of the net, as they loook like this whenever my server's offline (which is 6+ months a year). 

Which is just... NOT visually appealing. Could they be stored and propagated from the server?

Thanks

Screenshot 2020-12-03 193514.png

Screenshot 2020-12-03 193357.png

Screenshot 2020-12-03 193440.png

• 10 months later...
GrimReaper
On 12/3/2020 at 7:57 PM, Luke said:

Hi, yes this is something  that needs to be improved. thanks for the feedback.

Still seeing this in beta .14, makes it even more painfully obvious with the new Now Playing session windows. 

Is there anywhere I could insert those images myself so they get pulled? It's 5-6 image types, after all, is it really out of reach to make them local, they are quite a downer. 

@Happy2Play, can anything be done in CSS to replace these, maybe? 

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Still seeing this in beta .14, makes it even more painfully obvious with the new Now Playing session windows. 

Is there anywhere I could insert those images myself so they get pulled? It's 5-6 image types, after all, is it really out of reach to make them local, they are quite a downer. 

@Happy2Play, can anything be done in CSS to replace these, maybe? 

Yes these are a online resource via github.

image.thumb.png.9d450b2d657a018e4c8aa6a7c15981b4.png

Looks like we can target the device id for the Now Playing section for you to potentially target your own images, but not currently seeing a way for Device page.

You would have to place these images in Emby system folder with every update, to work with Now Playing.  Should be able to provide you an example shortly.

Or @Luke needs to add Edit Image to these to allow them to be stored locally via \library or \metadata.

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play

I have not tested with your versions of 4.5.2.0.

Hmm 4.7 it can be done for Now Playing, and 4.6 the opposite not sure it the same device sessionid is used always uses but my browser is currently always using same sessionid..

But here is an example from 4.6.  I put image in Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\css folder.  So images would need put in folder on every update and hope code doesn't change.  As we already know code will change from 4.6 to 4.7.

/*Devices*/
[data-id="c6e11832-f8a1-47ca-996f-2318ac1aacfa"] .cardImageContainer {
    background-image: url(/web/css/chrome_logo.png) !important;
}
/*Active Devices*/
#sessionbff43260959eddc721b42a66f1dda24e img {
	 content: url(/web/css/chrome_logo.png);
}

image.thumb.png.e656a5a12773754331b820feb82beebf.png

image.thumb.png.16414658835b400889f27c47a7fd693a.png

• Thanks 1

GrimReaper
34 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I have not tested with your versions of 4.5.2.0.

That was December 2020, when the request originated. 😂

Currently on 4.6.4.0 stable and 4.7.0.14 beta. 

If I understood you correctly, above CSS will work for 4.6.4 by placing all image types in css folder and then linking each device id to correct png? Is that data-id device id? 

Happy2Play
14 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

If I understood you correctly, above CSS will work for 4.6.4 by placing all image types in css folder and then linking each device id to correct png?

Correct or we and target any folder within dashboard-ui as it is the within the webservers access.

12 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Is that data-id device id?

Yes so you can click on the device and get the id from the url.

Happy2Play

Same concept for 4.7, but only see a way for Dashboard Now Playing.

[data-id="5b61b3c3-dfe7-4ea5-ad32-0e52072008aa"] .activeSession-deviceimage-bg-square {
}

image.thumb.png.2a40887ad8f603aa52b4c49331c377c6.png

Don't see a way for Devices as they are just items in a virtual scroller with no way to target them, that I can see right now..

GrimReaper
34 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Same concept for 4.7, but only see a way for Dashboard Now Playing.

[data-id="5b61b3c3-dfe7-4ea5-ad32-0e52072008aa"] .activeSession-deviceimage-bg-square {
}

image.thumb.png.2a40887ad8f603aa52b4c49331c377c6.png

Don't see a way for Devices as they are just items in a virtual scroller with no way to target them, that I can see right now..

That will do, as Active Devices/Now Playing IS where it bothers me the most, Devices tab I practically almost never look at.

Thanks, Happy, appreciate it. 👍

• 7 months later...
Happy2Play

I know it is the endless to do list but can we get these into the /metadata folder with a one time get from online?

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I know it is the endless to do list but can we get these into the /metadata folder with a one time get from online?

Yes we can.