Primary image download on Big Sur

davide999
Go to solution Solved by davide999,

davide999

I've installed Emby Server 4.5.2.0 on an iMac running Big Sur 11.0.1. Looking at the library the images are inconsistent - some display 'Primary', others display 'Backdrop', others the 'Logo' and some show nothing at all. The library is set for all images to show Primary and the server has been connected through the night to give it chance to download the missing images though this has made no difference.

If I select an individual file then chose Edit Image and Search I can select and image from an external database, eg. TheMovieDb, and Emby immediately assigns it as the Primary image. Problem solved.

Is this a known issue as it's not feasible to correct hundreds of files in this manner?

Davide

• Solution
davide999

24 hours later. Deleted the library and started again. All images now correctly downloaded. No idea why.

davide999

Unfortunately the saga doesn't end there. During yesterday evening I streamed a movie from the library onto my LG TV. No problem there and finished around 21:35. Around 22:00 hours I  closed down the iMac, again no problems. This morning Emby did not start when the iMac booted up and on clicking the application to open it a complete new set-up was expected, language, country, location of files to construct a library. I'm now back where I started with incomplete images for the items in the library.

Looking at the log file the application appears to have been reporting a server error for the preceeding ten hours

embyserver.txt

There's nothing obvious here. Something may have deleted the contents of the server's data folder, thus causing all configuration to be lost.

davide999

Sorry, only just found your response. I've re-installed the server and corrected a few obvious errors for images. For the last two days it's been good and I look forward to it staying that way 🙂