Premiere drive google problem

gattolfo

gattolfo

Hi, I put emby on a linux vps, and I paid the premier, then I set google drive, I put all the songs like this
/ emby Sync / genre / author / songs but can't find them ....

gattolfo

in the home where there should be all the folders with the songs

I think it's a bug, if I add a "pop" / home / music / pop library directly on the vps it shows it in the metadata but not in the visualization

Cattura.PNG

Cattura.PNG

Edited by gattolfo

Hi @gattolfoI think you may have misunderstood the knowledge base article.  What this does is take media ALREADY existing locally and according to your setup/configuration uploads/syncs it to Google Drive.  This allows some Emby clients the ability to play the content back directly from Google Drive. This is useful for example to take the latest episode of a TV series such as Game of Thrones and upload/sync it to Google so people outside you house can play it back from "the cloud".  So you send it out from your house once and it can get used multiple times.

If you delete the local media it "syncs" this on the cloud and removes it as well.  The sync jobs you setup in Emby can be anything from a whole library to just the X most recent, etc depending on your needs.

If on the other hand you want ALL media to exist in the cloud as STORAGE then you use can just manually put the media on Google Drive and then setup something like RCLONE on the local computer.  Rclone will make Google Drive appear as a local drive letter.  While this does work it's not 100% reliable because Google does impose limits on the amount of bandwidth you can use per period of time.  It also makes scanning media take longer as the content isn't local to the Emby Server.

Does this help at all?

gattolfo

@cayars yes it helps me, and I thought it did a job equal to drive stream, now can I ask you something? Since google drive stream is not there for linux, does r-clone do the same thing? in addition I tried google-drive-ocamlfuse but it gives me problems because the vps obviously has no graphical interface (I apologize for my bad English and sorry if I understand wrong but I'm Italian)

I don't know what google drive stream for linux is (I'm not really a Linux guy) but do know rclone is available on many OS and does not need a gui.

25 minutes ago, gattolfo said:

r-clone then allows me to access google cloud files without actually downloading them?

If you setup Emby using rcone then Emby will pull the media as needed.  If you play back media from your Emby server outside your home network it would look like this:

Google -> Emby Server -> Emby Client

So all media will run through the server.

gattolfo
12 minutes ago, cayars said:

Se configuri Emby usando rcone, Emby estrarrà il supporto secondo necessità. Se riproduci file multimediali dal tuo server Emby al di fuori della tua rete domestica, apparirà così:

Google -> Emby Server -> Emby Client

Quindi tutti i media verranno eseguiti attraverso il server.

okay, but will they be downloaded to the vps?

Don't know what you're asking.  If you run Emby Server on a VPS there won't be any "downloading" per say.  Emby will pull/stream the file from Google Drive and pass it to the Emby Client.

If Emby has to transcode the file then you will need temp storage on the Emby Server big enough to hold the media as it's being converted.

Keep in mind you only get so much bandwidth to use from Google per day so I personally wouldn't be storing pure RIPs but instead files that have been properly compressed.

gattolfo
32 minutes ago, cayars said:

Don't know what you're asking.  If you run Emby Server on a VPS there won't be any "downloading" per say.  Emby will pull/stream the file from Google Drive and pass it to the Emby Client.

If Emby has to transcode the file then you will need temp storage on the Emby Server big enough to hold the media as it's being converted.

Keep in mind you only get so much bandwidth to use from Google per day so I personally wouldn't be storing pure RIPs but instead files that have been properly compressed.

i'm trying to use r-clone, i already set it up, the directory is / home / gattolfo / drives
but when I try to add it to emby it tells me PATH not found ... but from linux I can easily access it without problems

gattolfo
13 minutes ago, cayars said:

Ricorda che devi impostare le autorizzazioni per l'utente che esegue Emby Server.

sorry I don't understand, how should I do? can you send me some documentation? I used the user base to install it

gattolfo
On 12/4/2020 at 12:14 AM, cayars said:

I'd check the rclone forums for this type of thing.

Possibly this thread might help with that: https://forum.rclone.org/t/what-are-the-recommended-permissions-for-rclone-files-on-linux/12131

Okay, I managed to mount rclone in / home / drives, by doing rclone mount GoogleDrive: / home / drives --allow-other --umask 002

now emby works perfectly

• Like 1