No. of tracks in album filter

arrbee99

arrbee99

Think it would be quite handy to have a filter for music albums to only show albums that have more than a certain number of tracks, so that people can just display actual albums on Emby instead of lots of albums with just one or two tracks in with a few proper albums scattered among them.

PenkethBoy

i would wait till you try the new Music setup luke is trialing with a few of us to get the major bugs out of it

changes a few things :)

i will be available in a day or so for you to try

not going to give you a count filter but will give you more ways to import your music which might solve your issue to a degree

• 2 weeks later...
ginjaninja

i believe this request is linked to

if embys album schema was extended to include album type (eg, album/single/ep), then this may support a more sophisticated solution to your requirement than an arbitrary track total  number?

arrbee99

That would sound better, although I guess it would need good tagging (would it ?) which I don't think I have (and I imagine I'm not the only one).

ginjaninja
17 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

That would sound better, although I guess it would need good tagging (would it ?) which I don't think I have (and I imagine I'm not the only one).

yes tagging would be required. It took me 2 hours work, 8 hours computer  time to tag 100,000 tracks over the weekend, admittedly i am already familiar with the tagging application. For non bootleg/non live content a tagging application like Picard will autodetect 90%+ of content and tag automatically.

Tagging would be especially worth it,  if it provided nice views of the library eg "show me studio albums vs eps vs singles on the artist page, show me live albums in this genre etc" to help the user enjoy the content. I would argue for a [larger] music library tag management is somewhat already required or at least strongly recommended.

arrbee99

Sounds like my spectacular collection of 1500 tracks shouldn't take too long then....

I might have tags already, just need to actually check as I haven't added stuff for ages and can't remember what I did back then.

Still, think a simple count would be handy for us lazy folks 😀