Downloaded media can’t be accessed unless logged in

A32

Now that I have a premiere account, I’m trying downloads on my iOS devices (Emby client 2.0.1). I found out that if I’m not logged in, I can’t access the “Downloads” folder!

I must login and then even if I go offline (e.g. airplane mode), I can access the downloaded media. Is this by design?
I find it a bit restrictive.

Hi Luke,

Here’s what I’m observing:

• I login to Emby (NAS)
  • I download a movie
  • logout
  • I tap on change server (there’s no other way I found to get to the main screen, the back arrow does not work)
  • I tap on the Downloads folder and the main screen to sign in appears (not the dloaded media).

If I was signed in and I go offline (e.g. airplane mode), even if I close the app and relaunch it, I can reach the downloads folder, otherwise not.

Edited by A32

On 12/1/2020 at 10:33 AM, A32 said:

Hi Luke,

Here’s what I’m observing:

• I login to Emby (NAS)
  • I download a movie
  • logout
  • I tap on change server (there’s no other way I found to get to the main screen, the back arrow does not work)
  • I tap on the Downloads folder and the main screen to sign in appears (not the dloaded media).

If I was signed in and I go offline (e.g. airplane mode), even if I close the app and relaunch it, I can reach the downloads folder, otherwise not.

Right, you can't logout, because everything is user based. You can close the app if you need to, but just don't sign out.