The application cannot be executed due to the expiration of the validity period

RanmaCanada
Go to solution Solved by SamES,

Drunken

ok just downloadet an august 4/8 something something release for my Samsung tv.  My tv won´t even install from the usb now.  So i have absolutely no clue how to install the app now.  Deleted the app from my tv and still no "auto" install. (auto installed everytime i ever tryed EMBY on USB) I can browse into the usb stick and see all the folders but nothing to install??   This is sad if a new tv ruins my server :(       

11 minutes ago, Drunken said:

ok just downloadet an august 4/8 something something release for my Samsung tv.  My tv won´t even install from the usb now.  So i have absolutely no clue how to install the app now.  Deleted the app from my tv and still no "auto" install. (auto installed everytime i ever tryed EMBY on USB) I can browse into the usb stick and see all the folders but nothing to install??   This is sad if a new tv ruins my server :(       

Hi, what happens when you try?

FrostByte
4 minutes ago, Drunken said:

When you deleted the previous version did you go into app settings way up in the top right corner and click the cog wheel to delete it, or did you delete the shortcut which was on the hub?  

If you all you saw was a message about browsing the files on the usb then most likely the previous app wasn't deleted prior to plugging the usb in

• Like 1

Drunken
On 8/19/2022 at 4:38 PM, Luke said:

Hi, what happens when you try?

Well when i turn my tv on with the USB stick insertet, it says nothing.  Normally it startet installing with tekst in upper right corner. The tv do see the usb, as i can browse to it and see the folder "userwidget" Maybe i should try the next update from emby and see if my tv likes that. OTher wize i have no clue.  Was thinking of buying a Nvidia Shield pro if this keeps ennoy me. My files are on my NAS and my server is on my PC but thats ofc not the problem...

The message i recieved when i tryed to run emby on my TV was "The application cannot be executed due to the expiration of the validity period" Weird it worked so well 1 month from here, when i bought the tv.

Edited by Drunken

FrostByte
51 minutes ago, Drunken said:

Well when i turn my tv on with the USB stick insertet, it says nothing.  Normally it startet installing with tekst in upper right corner. The tv do see the usb, as i can browse to it and see the folder "userwidget" Maybe i should try the next update from emby and see if my tv likes that. OTher wize i have no clue.  Was thinking of buying a Nvidia Shield pro if this keeps ennoy me. My files are on my NAS and my server is on my PC but thats ofc not the problem...

The message i recieved when i tryed to run emby on my TV was "The application cannot be executed due to the expiration of the validity period" Weird it worked so well 1 month from here, when i bought the tv.

How did you delete the old version?  Did you click the settings wheel in the upper right, or did you remove it from the hub?

Drunken
3 hours ago, FrostByte said:

How did you delete the old version?  Did you click the settings wheel in the upper right, or did you remove it from the hub?

Ehm..  i just went to the app at my start "bar"   and said remove,   options are "move - remove"    But cant find emby at all on my tv. 

Drunken

And it works.  Thank you.  Thats was on me :)    But just to get it clear - I might have to delete amby and installed again once a month?? 

FrostByte
4 minutes ago, Drunken said:

And it works.  Thank you.  Thats was on me :)    But just to get it clear - I might have to delete amby and installed again once a month?? 

Great.  I was hoping that's all it was.  

Yes.  When the usb version of the app is compiled, there is a 30-day time bomb automatically placed in it by Samsung that takes affect from the day the devs compiled it.  So, you have to keep repeating this whole process every month.

The only other way to run the current version would be to change your TVs app region to one of the regions where the app is in the Samsung store.  This may be a good option only if there aren't other apps you depend on which are only available in your current region.

BTW I like my Shield pro.  Mine is plugged into the HDMI port on my Samsung soundbar and now having TrueHD Atmos and DTS:X makes it all worth it to me.

• 1 month later...

Now im at it again.  Downloadet from the link above again but tv wont see the app. deleted it in the app´s (Wheel in the right corner)  But can only browse usb and not install it?  Maybe its an old installationen package i tryed?  Can u link to the new one, i might be blind but i have a hard time finding the right app for my samsung tv lol ?  :=)  Anyway what i did dl was a file size of 20.376 kb.   hmm..   Sorry for keep trouble you guys,   love emby but its getting a pain with this 1 month "trial"

How do i change region on my tv if this is too annoying in the long run?

FrostByte

Unfortunately, with the usb you will need to follow the instructions in the pinned post every month to include redownloading the newest version in step 1.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Here you go.  Did it on my 2018 just a couple weeks ago so unless Samsung changed the key sequence on recently on newer models it should still work.  Just be aware it will reset all TV settings and apps. 

• Go to Settings.

• Click ‘General’ and select ‘Start Setup’. 
  • Click ‘Reset’ - This will restore ALL factory settings on your Samsung TV. 
  • Answer all questions as normal (Internet, channels, etc.)
  • Once you reach the ‘Terms and Conditions’ page, enter the following sequence on your remote:
    • mute -> volume up -> channel up -> mute
  • You can now change your Samsung TV Tizen OS region to any country you like.

Just repeat if you want to set it back.

Thx Frostbyte :) 

Well it seems my usb was broken.

Found another one with same Fat file system and it worked with that one.  Phew. Movie night tonight with friends lol. 

Thx for great and fast feedback. U guys rock! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Happy2Play
35 minutes ago, FredrikT said:

Anyone know which regions support Emby? I'd rather not set the region to the US unless I have to.

Download page shows this.

Users in the USA, UK, and Ireland can install Emby in Samsung App Store.

Users outside the USA, UK and Ireland can Install from USB.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2022 at 1:57 AM, FredrikT said:

Anyone know which regions support Emby? I'd rather not set the region to the US unless I have to.

The USB install does not require it if you want to do that.

FredrikT
10 hours ago, Luke said:

The USB install does not require it if you want to do that.

This is for my mom's tv. I don't think she's comfertable with reinstalling Emby through a USB every month 🤣. But thanks anyways Luke. Hope Samsung will get their 💩 together one day. All I know is that we won't be getting Samsung TV's again, ever

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, DisasteR said:

any news about French availability in store ? What is currently blocking ?

Hi, please follow along here: 

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
parhamsan

Hi All,

I know I am kind of late to the party, but I made a Youtube Video for people who are having this issue:

I live in Canada and my TV Model Number is QN65Q900RBFXZC (Region is Canada).

Unfortunately the Emby App is not available in my Region, so at this point the only workaround was to change the Region to "United States" and after that I was able to install the Emby App form the Samsung store without the Expiration Issue.

I can confirm that all my Apps (Netflix, Amazon Video, Youtube) are working without issue.

Link to to my Youtube Video if anyone is interested:

Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
rbpdemby
On 19/08/2021 at 23:07, Luke said:

Not yet but we are working on it.

Emby is awesome media server, but I'm just too tired of the reinstalls. Changing my region is not an option since I use regional apps, so it's time to say goodbye on 4 years of premiere and move to the inferior competitor. :(

• 1 month later...

For those in Canada can you please check the app store on your Samsung TV and let us know if the Emby app is available now? Thanks !

• 1 month later...