The application cannot be executed due to the expiration of the validity period

RanmaCanada
Go to solution Solved by SamES,

RanmaCanada

Hey it's me, posting in another forum that you all would not think I would post in :)  I got this message forwarded from a family member who is on my server, and they are using the Tizen app to watch.  This is the error message that popped up on their TV today and the app will not start.  There have been no problems prior to this.  I had installed the Tizen app for them with the latest that was available on October 30th 2020, 1.0.86.  Is there only a 30 day license?  

It will be difficult for me to get logs as they are about an hour away from me, and they are also technologically impaired.

I am sorry I do not have logs or any other information.  Is this just a certificate problem on my end?  Their end?  The internet being dumb?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

RanmaCanada

Thank you so much.

So they will need to do this every month?  Uninstall, and then reinstall the app?  This will be a fun facetime walk through haha.

• Like 1

Painkiller8818

Could you please remove this again?

My Family don't have computers and as i have a lifetime pass, i don't think it is helpful to make the life of non tech people harder with things like that, as you know the app isn't available in the app store so i have to drive to all of them to fix it.

Would be great to remove this "feature" again.

Thanks

• Like 2

Painkiller8818

But this must be something New. I had old versions for months on the TV of my ppl. It always Was the message a New Version is out but never a periode expiration. 

FrostByte

Yes, this is new from Samsung.  Their policy has always been that the only official way to get apps is through them and the Samsung store and that usb loading is meant for beta testers only.  Before they would allow the 30 day pop-up, now they have become more strict in their policy and require the app to disable itself to prevent what you're trying to do. 

As described in the instructions the usb is meant for beta testers, but it just happens that it's also the only way to get the app in some locations without changing your region of your TV set

• Like 1

So then the only possible way would be if you could finally add the app to all of the stores..

its really not that great to install the app 12 times a year...

5 hours ago, flyload said:

So then the only possible way would be if you could finally add the app to all of the stores..

its really not that great to install the app 12 times a year...

That's what we're hoping to do. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Jarvarro
On 12/6/2020 at 7:24 AM, Painkiller8818 said:

Could you please remove this again?

My Family don't have computers and as i have a lifetime pass, i don't think it is helpful to make the life of non tech people harder with things like that, as you know the app isn't available in the app store so i have to drive to all of them to fix it.

Would be great to remove this "feature" again.

Thanks

Its hard to believe this post wasn't meant as a joke.  Please ignore this selfish suggestion. Maybe show your "non tech" family members how to install it themselves if that's your issue with it, or don't use it at all, no-one is forcing you to.

Don't use it if you don't like it.

Thanks to the author for creating it for everyone to use for free.

Edited by Jarvarro

• 5 months later...
rbpdemby
On 10/12/2020 at 01:13, Luke said:

That's what we're hoping to do. Thanks for the feedback.

Hi @Luke,

Any update on when that might happen for Australia? Thanks, keep up the great work!

Edited by rbpdemby

Or can you at least release a new version of emby without the expiration date like the old versions did?
Then I can at least use one version for a long time without needing to reinstall all the time...

2 hours ago, firas1 said:

Or can you at least release a new version of emby without the expiration date like the old versions did?
Then I can at least use one version for a long time without needing to reinstall all the time...

The expiration date comes from Samsung, not us. We're doing the best we can given the cards that have been dealt to us. Thanks.

rbpdemby
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

The expiration date comes from Samsung, not us. We're doing the best we can given the cards that have been dealt to us. Thanks.

Any update on when you expect it might be available in the region stores?

2 minutes ago, rbpdemby said:

Any update on when you expect it might be available in the region stores?

Not yet but we are working on it.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Khalimerot

I think he meant "any update on the avalability of the app on all store?"

And if it's not what he meant, that's the question i have :) 

I also have some non tech parents, and regulary updating their TV is annoying.

2 hours ago, Khalimerot said:

I think he meant "any update on the avalability of the app on all store?"

And if it's not what he meant, that's the question i have :) 

I also have some non tech parents, and regulary updating their TV is annoying.

OK yea I get it. We're doing the best we can given the cards dealt to us by Samsung.

• 6 months later...
Drunken

Just got a new Samsung tv. 2021 model. and for the first time in 2 years or something by now i cannot run EMBY due to this.  I have the newest driver i think.  1 month old + -      Can i install same driver version on samsung and keep it working like that? 

4 minutes ago, Drunken said:

Just got a new Samsung tv. 2021 model. and for the first time in 2 years or something by now i cannot run EMBY due to this.  I have the newest driver i think.  1 month old + -      Can i install same driver version on samsung and keep it working like that? 

Hi, you can just install the latest USB version that we have posted on our website.

• Like 1

Drunken

Even though its the same version?   But ok ill try later, thx :)  hope it works.   What does it take to get the EMBY app to official sites (samsung)?

Just now, Drunken said:

Even though its the same version?   But ok ill try later, thx :)  hope it works.   What does it take to get the EMBY app to official sites (samsung)?

We are working on getting the app into the store for more countries. Let us know how you get on with the latest version. Thanks.

• Like 2

FrostByte
1 hour ago, Drunken said:

Even though its the same version?   

If the file you're trying to install is about one month + old then it's probably too old and wouldn't be the latest version.  They're only good for 30 days after compiling by the devs (not from the date you downloaded or installed).  The latest file was created 13 days ago and only has another couple of weeks before it's no good.