New Plugin: Smart Playlists

saladin

Tristan98

Is it possible to also make smart collection? I just wanna do a smart collection but playlists are only in list view is annoying.

Edited by Tristan98
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Bazzu85

Just installed it and works very well! thanks!

a suggestion..what about implementing a re-ordering of rules?

• 3 weeks later...
Happy2Play
18 minutes ago, Bazzu85 said:

Hi anyone experiencing problems accessing a smart playlist from the plugin?

the page is very slow...

Probably need to see logs.  But I have no issues on my beta test server.

Bazzu85
11 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Probably need to see logs.  But I have no issues on my beta test server.

Tomorrow morning I attach the logs..

Are you talking about the emby server logs? Because the plugin doesn't have proprietary logs I see ..

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, Bazzu85 said:

Tomorrow morning I attach the logs..

Are you talking about the emby server logs? Because the plugin doesn't have proprietary logs I see ..

Yes a server log will show the plugin activity and or issues.

Bazzu85
12 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

here's the log

embyserver.txt

and a video showing the problem: 

Edited by Bazzu85

Bazzu85
On 22/04/2021 at 23:35, Happy2Play said:

any feedback?

• 2 weeks later...
GrumpyTrucker

Hey everyone. Is this plugin still being supported at all via a GitHub fork maybe? I like it, except for some reason the auto refresh isn't working. Just says in Dashboard "last ran x minutes ago taking 0 seconds". Just wondering if it's worth finding the current fork and throwing a pull request.

Edited by GrumpyTrucker

Loudsy
On 22/02/2020 at 22:02, Dibbes said:

I have a few that work as well.. Music released in 1985, Music released in the decade 90-99, Movies added in the last 2 weeks and more of that... the simple queries work and work well... it's the more complicated ones that have issues displaying stuff...

Emby takes a long time displaying the list of items added when there's a large list though

I got the same issue. Thought it was just me. 

• 2 weeks later...
Bazzu85

today watching the log I keep getting this error:

Version=4.6.0.50. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/90.0.4430.212 Safari/537.36
2021-05-21 15:10:37.977 Error UserDataManager: Error in event handler
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.0.50
	Command line: C:\Users\elbaz\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19042
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/elbaz/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 12
	Data path: C:\Users\elbaz\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\elbaz\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.MissingMethodException: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.set_Rating(System.Nullable`1<Double>)'.
	   at SmartPlaylist.EntryPoint._userDataManager_UserDataSaved(Object sender, UserDataSaveEventArgs e)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Events.EventHelper.FireEventIfNotNull[T](EventHandler`1 handler, Object sender, T args, ILogger logger)
	Source: SmartPlaylist
	TargetSite: Void _userDataManager_UserDataSaved(System.Object, MediaBrowser.Controller.Library.UserDataSaveEventArgs)

is this normal?

2 hours ago, Bazzu85 said:

today watching the log I keep getting this error:

Version=4.6.0.50. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/90.0.4430.212 Safari/537.36
2021-05-21 15:10:37.977 Error UserDataManager: Error in event handler
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.0.50
	Command line: C:\Users\elbaz\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19042
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/elbaz/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 12
	Data path: C:\Users\elbaz\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\elbaz\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.MissingMethodException: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.set_Rating(System.Nullable`1<Double>)'.
	   at SmartPlaylist.EntryPoint._userDataManager_UserDataSaved(Object sender, UserDataSaveEventArgs e)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Events.EventHelper.FireEventIfNotNull[T](EventHandler`1 handler, Object sender, T args, ILogger logger)
	Source: SmartPlaylist
	TargetSite: Void _userDataManager_UserDataSaved(System.Object, MediaBrowser.Controller.Library.UserDataSaveEventArgs)

is this normal?

The plugin needs a compatibility update for the new server release.

Bazzu85
On 21/05/2021 at 17:34, Luke said:

The plugin needs a compatibility update for the new server release.

@saladin can you please update the plugin?

It seems that now the playlist aren't updated anymore..

To refresh my Watching Shows playlist correctly I have to delete the current one and refresh the smart playlist

• 2 weeks later...
shooftie

I hate those people that jump onto a thread, having said nothing and just start harassing people so I'll try to keep this chill.

Almost every thread in this forum is peppered with, "Yeah, we are currently working on that" or "This will be in the next update" or the like. I've read other threads that go back as far at 2018 saying that this will be a native feature of Emby and so in lieu of that I will continue to pay my ongoing monthly subscription, for what, I am not sure. Until then @saladin and their plugin is the only thing that is keeping me hanging on to Emby, although the rope is fraying and I am close to cutting it myself.

How big of a bounty would you need to fix this @saladin? Is there anyone else capable of upgrading it that just needs the incentive?

I am not a developer, I am that guy; the guy that complains about stuff he has no ability to fix.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
koopa8840
On 6/19/2021 at 7:23 AM, markle88 said:

Is this plugin still being supported?

Also, how do i install this thing from GitHub?

I wouldn't expect an update from the developer, due to he/she hasn't been active since last year.

richardyu301

I have uploaded to DSM7.0 using Emby version 4.7.0.3 beta and this plugin no longer works.     Is there a fix?

koopa8840
11 hours ago, richardyu301 said:

I have uploaded to DSM7.0 using Emby version 4.7.0.3 beta and this plugin no longer works.     Is there a fix?

Don't expect one any time soon. It is a community plugin, so someone from the community will have to take on the project. I'm a novice with programming, plus I have no idea what changes broke the plugin. I wouldn't know where to look to begin fixing. I did find the file that contains the button typo. lol