macOS App

BMStroh

Wasn't a specific subforum for macOS; assuming the app is a port of the iOS app, so this is as close as I can get.

Bought premiere now that playback speeds are supported, so I figured I'd switch from the web client to the macOS client (on Big Sur).  When I move the app to my second monitor while playing, I no longer have video.  Moving it back doesn't restore video.  If I move the app before starting playback, it crashes as soon as I hit play.

100% of the time, so hopefully it's easy to replicate.  If there are client side logs that would be useful, let me know.

After a bit more experimentation on my primary monitor, I can also report that playback is a bit choppier than watching the same content via the web interface in Chrome.  The app is also fairly resource heavy compared to other playback options, requiring a lot of CPU.

I moved the menu bar to the second screen and the app does now work there.  Still lose video, but not audio, moving between screens, but the app doesn't immediately crash if I try to start playback on my now non-primary monitor.

• 1 month later...
BMStroh

What's the release schedule for the macOS App Store version?  Guessing quarterly, but there are only a couple data points to work from.

Looking forward to being able to put Emby on a secondary screen sometime soon.  Thanks for the quick turnaround on this - wasn't expecting it to be found and fixed inside a week.

Hi, yes we're working on getting a new update out as soon as we can. Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
RDHoworth

Hi,

I would like to add that I cannot get video playback at all on the new Apple Silicon M1 based Mac mini. The audio plays, but the video does not. In addition, the app crashes and I have to Force Quit it. 

The Web client works fine using Safari.

Regards, Richard

15 hours ago, RDHoworth said:

Hi,

I would like to add that I cannot get video playback at all on the new Apple Silicon M1 based Mac mini. The audio plays, but the video does not. In addition, the app crashes and I have to Force Quit it. 

The Web client works fine using Safari.

Regards, Richard

HI, yes we're working on m1 compatibility. Thanks for reporting.

• 8 months later...