Synology Emby Server 4.5.2.0 Nvidia Shield Transcoding

mbevacqua_1999

mbevacqua_1999

I upgraded my Synology server from 4.4.3.0 to 4.5.2.0.  My live recordings taken from an HDHomerun Tuner now transcode when playing on a 2017 Nvidia Shield.  It says that there is a container issue (which I though was corrected on the fly.)  Are there any setting I need to change when upgrading?  I downgraded back to 4.4.3.0 and it all works again.

Thank-you

mbevacqua_1999

Can you elaborate on what that means moving forward?  It works without transcoding in 4.4 and does not in 4.5.  Is that a deprecated feature, a bug, or is there a setting I'm missing?

Thank-you       

It means we should never have been direct streaming it in the first place using the method that you're used to. It's not something we can trust will work reliably. You just happen to be getting lucky.

mbevacqua_1999

Ok... I will need to do some research then on how to best get transcoding to work in real time.  My Synology DS118 seems woefully underpowered for doing that with the way it is set up now.

Enjoy,

Just now, mbevacqua_1999 said:

Ok... I will need to do some research then on how to best get transcoding to work in real time.  My Synology DS118 seems woefully underpowered for doing that with the way it is set up now.

Enjoy,

In the android tv app try turning on the direct stream live tv option. This may help you avoid transcoding at the cost of not being able to seek it.