Codec intros

crusher11

crusher11

Additionally, if I play a playlist or shuffle a collection, will codec intros be played before each film or only the first? 

Hi, I don't know the answer to this but would think it's pretty easy to test.  Just grab any small video and rename it properly as shown in the KB article https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001848833-cinema-intros

Pick a movie with the different tags and try renaming for video and audio and then see what plays.

crusher11

I suspect it picks one at random, I'm mostly just asking to make sure I haven't screwed something up.

Other than the shuffle issue, in which case I don't really fancy playing through a whole film just to test, if someone actually knows the answer.

Spaceboy
8 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

I suspect it picks one at random, I'm mostly just asking to make sure I haven't screwed something up.

Other than the shuffle issue, in which case I don't really fancy playing through a whole film just to test, if someone actually knows the answer.

but you could just press the next button in your shuffle queue or fast forward right to the end of the movie. you don't need to play the whole thing

• Like 1

crusher11

Is it possible to have the codec intros play without having a trailer play? Cinema Intros refuses to let me set the number of trailers lower than one. 

21 hours ago, crusher11 said:

Is it possible to have the codec intros play without having a trailer play? Cinema Intros refuses to let me set the number of trailers lower than one. 

Yes it is.

crusher11

But if I set the trailers to zero, it gives me an error and refuses to let me proceed. If I leave the trailers field blank it defaults to two.

Happy2Play

I guess the easier question is what are your setting for the plugin?

Don't know haven't tried it as mentioned but half the fun of Emby Admin is playing with feature combinations like this.

Easy enough to try.

I'd have done it myself but don't use have/use intros, just trailers.

Guess I could have just copied and named an extra properly and given it a test run but sometimes it's best to just try things yourself as well.