Have to uninstall and reinstall every time I launch the app to get it to load.

fPortal

I am using a google android tv dongle. I can launch the app and use it (although it will never connect to my server if I am logged into connect) but once I close it, I have to uninstall it and then reinstall it to get it to successfully launch again otherwise I get the spinning loading icon in the middle of the screen that never goes anywhere.

It is on a 2019 model Samsung 4k tv as well if that makes any difference. 

Any ideas?

Thank you

Hi.  Make sure the address shown on the dashboard of your server is correct.  If it isn't, use the settings on the server to correct it.

Let us know what happens after you've confirmed/fixed this.

FrancescoBassi

Same error from this evening in fire stick connect only after one or two minuts. until a few hours ago work great

Edited by FrancescoBassi

Ok, after a number of reinstalls it seems to want to work now. It is just the slowest media system I have ever used. It takes forever to finally pull up media listings, and I still have to restart the app sometimes for it to completely pull up the media, tv, movies, music, does not matter. extremely slow.

Is there some way to make it faster? I run a plex server with no issues whatsoever. I was trying this because of quite a few wanted features, but I guess it is still in its infancy and will have to wait longer for it to be usable.

Thank you

Hi.  It sounds like something is interfering with your network traffic or, maybe, your server is hard at work scanning or something.  Can we please see some more details about your specific issue?

Sure.

The mobile apps work great. No issues. The Android TV and Samsung TV app are the problem I am having. I have gone through the whole network. I am running Emby on a Dell R720xd. 196gb of ram, dual 6-core xeons. There is not an issue with resources.

The network has been stripped and running only the TV, and the server rack. Still issues with only those two apps.

I have not set it up for external access as of yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2020 at 10:29 PM, fPortal said:

Sure.

The mobile apps work great. No issues. The Android TV and Samsung TV app are the problem I am having. I have gone through the whole network. I am running Emby on a Dell R720xd. 196gb of ram, dual 6-core xeons. There is not an issue with resources.

The network has been stripped and running only the TV, and the server rack. Still issues with only those two apps.

I have not set it up for external access as of yet.

Have you gotten this resolved?

If not are your clients connected via Ethernet or Wifi?

Thanks for the reply.

No resolution as of yet. It has gotten worse. It is on either wifi or ethernet, does not matter. Also when I come out of a movie or tv show, It does not respond until I bring up the menu and reselect the server and connect again. Then wait a few moments and it will work fine until I play another movie. But only on the Samsung TV app. Everything else works fine.

Thank you again