Migration to different box

bmflagg

bmflagg

Good day,

It's time for my Windows 7 MCE to be retired. I have a QNAP tS-451 w/16gb and have downloaded the Emby server to it.
But before I start, How to I migrate all my user data and or / system settings over? They will be completely different hosts...
I can do DNS entries and so forth, but is there anything with Emby that I have to set to keep the current hostname...and etc..
It it best to use DNLA or use the Emby app? (I have Samsung TV's and various other mobile devices..)

Live TV is gone since I cancelled my cable subscription and are there other Live TV options that can integrate with Emby?..ie youtubeTV, Pluto..etc..

Hi, if I understand you correctly you want to migrate data from MCE into Emby.  To the best of my knowledge there isn't a way to move the setup.  You likely wouldn't want to do this anyway as Emby is different (in a good way).  You will be able to keep and use all your movies and tv shows you've previously recorded as long as they don't have DRM content.

If I got your question wrong, please le me know.

Emby can work with OTA tuners which is an ideal way to get all your local channels free after picking up a tuner (one-time cost).  Emby can also work with m3u files so any provider that can supply you channels this way would work with Emby as well.

For your devices, Emby does support DLNA but if there is an Emby App (scroll down to client/app section) https://emby.media/download.html then I would certainly use the app over DLNA as it will give you a much better Emby experience!

bmflagg

I'm sorry for the confusion, 

I'm running emby with MCE for years now. I moving emby to my qnap. How do I migrate settings and end user accounts to the new setup?

Or is it a full manual rebuild?