MBS - Add back button to server config pages

AdrianW

AdrianW

There's a number of locations on the server dashboard/config pages that would benefit with the addition of a back button to make navigation more intuitive.

The first one that came to mind is the Users config menu - this is accessed by clicking "Users" in the sidebar, and then by clicking a user name to enter the config for that particular user.

If I then want to configure a second user, I have to click on "Users" again in the sidebar (which is already highlighted) to return to the list of users.

QuGLwID.png

It's certainly not immediately obvious that you have to click "users" again.

I'd like to suggest the addition of a back button, probably to the left or right of the user name  (Adrian in the screenshot above).

Other pages that I think would also benefit from the addition of a back button are:

• Plugins config pages (i.e after clicking "Email Notifications" you need to click Plugins again to get back).
  • Individual Notifications config pages (you need to click the "Notifications" tab to get back).
  • DLNA individual profiles pages (need to click "Profiles" tab to get back).

Something like the arrow on the Notification slide-out - but flipped Ivg4XIZ.png would look good as a back button.

• Like 2

I agree some direct navigation to the top of some of these areas might be good.  However, it shouldn't specifically be a "back" button unless it is labelled something like "Back to User List".

This is a nit, but there already is a "back" button on your browser and it will take you back - but only back one page which may not be where you want to go (you may have gone two or three levels deep in whatever configuration you are in).

So, that is just to say that it shouldn't be so much a back button as a "top" button :).

AdrianW

This is a nit, but there already is a "back" button on your browser and it will take you back ...

But, sometimes there isn't a back button - most notably on an iPad when you've saved the homepage to the homescreen, or in Chrome when you've saved the homepage as an "application shortcut".

Koleckai Silvestri

Shouldn't rely on browser navigation anywhere in the application. You cannot guarantee it will be available on all devices.

Shouldn't rely on browser navigation anywhere in the application. You cannot guarantee it will be available on all devices.

I wasn't suggesting relying on back.  In fact, I mentioned that it probably wasn't what you wanted anyway. My point was just that the functionality being requested isn't really for a "back" button but, rather, for buttons that navigate to a specific "top" page of a workflow.