Live TV and DVR issues

cTurtle98

cTurtle98

So I got an hdhomerun and went to its web setup and scanned for channels the added it to the live TV sources options setup dvr recordings.

Live TV works good but im having some issues with dvr and im not sure if its the intended behavior or not.

First off when I click Live TV im the my media section it shows a recordings tab but this tab is always empty. I have to go back go my media and click on the new recordings section that appeared after I recorded something from Live. Is this intended? Whats the point of the recordings tab in the live TV section?

Secondly when I start watching a live TV channel the feed gets cached and let's me rewind to where I started watching this is great. But if I scheduled a recording and then go and watch it while its being recorded it only lets me rewind to where I started watching not where the recording started. This makes it such that if I'm 5 minutes late to see my favorite show I have to wait till the whole show finishes to be able to watch from the beginning 

Finally, is there a way to add in and out marker points on dvr recordings? My local stations are really bad about being on schedule so I have my dvr before and after recording set to 15 minutes and being able to cut the extra off the beginning and end with in and out markers would be nice. Also as im writing this if we can add more than 2 we would be able to add marker points for skipping commercial breaks if we want to add something recorded from the air to our library

Are these known issues or do I maybe have something misconfigured making this happen. Thanks

Edited by cTurtle98
Forgot a question

cTurtle98
10 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi, what provider do you have?
What hdhomerun model do you have?

I have this model HDHR5-2US

No tv provider just over the air atsc

Any chance we could do a remote TeamViewer session?  I'd like to see why recordings are showing up in the Recording tab and could show you a couple things that may help in using DVR.

cTurtle98
1 minute ago, cayars said:

Any chance we could do a remote TeamViewer session?  I'd like to see why recordings are showing up in the Recording tab and could show you a couple things that may help in using DVR.

Recordings are not showing up in the recordings tab they are only showing up as their own library 

Is there a setting i might have wrong that will let me watch a broadcast from the start of the recording instead of from when I start watching?

Depends on the client but for example on Android ATV is will ask you if you want to play from the beginning.

You can also play it back from the beginning if it were showing up in the Recording tab.  You can of course play them back from the Recording Library as they get added there as soon as the recordings start.

cTurtle98
5 minutes ago, cayars said:

Depends on the client but for example on Android ATV is will ask you if you want to play from the beginning.

You can also play it back from the beginning if it were showing up in the Recording tab.  You can of course play them back from the Recording Library as they get added there as soon as the recordings start.

I havent actually checked but I always assumed they didn't show up in the Recording library till it finished  recording

I've got 2 recordings taking place as I type this and they show like this in the Recording Library.

image.png.65db3a7e80310e2844dd37b26229aed8.png

You get the RED timeline at the bottom of the picture showing how much is currently recorded.

• Thanks 1

cTurtle98
On 11/27/2020 at 12:49 PM, cayars said:

I've got 2 recordings taking place as I type this and they show like this in the Recording Library.

image.png.65db3a7e80310e2844dd37b26229aed8.png

You get the RED timeline at the bottom of the picture showing how much is currently recorded.

This fixed my second issue do you have any insight on my third?

You could try mcebuddy which can cut commercial and often beginning/endings off shows.  Could be hit or miss on different channels however.

cTurtle98
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, has this helped?

I couldn't find mcebuddy

as far as I can tell its not in the catalog or in settings anywhere or any of the right click menu's

I dont want to cut out the commercials just add markers for quick (or automatic) fastforward and rewind

Google it.  It's a different product that specializes in cutting commercials or doing chapter marks and convert your media to h.264 or h.265 as well.