Can not log in from MiBox S

swehawk

Just got a MiBox S running Android TV 9. Installed the Emby app from playstore. It finds my server and when I select it, the users are displayed. However none of the users can log in. I even allowed one user to log in without password (on the local network) but still no success! There is no trace of the MiBox in the dashboard activitylist or under devices!
Any suggestions on what to do?

The message "Wrong user-id or password" is displayed.
This is even if a password on local network is not required for the user.
I created a new user "mibox" with pwd "mibox" for testing. Checked that I was able to log in as "mibox" from my android phone = ok. On my mibox the user "mibox" is displayed with a lock. Selecting user "mibox" prompts for pwd. Entering "mibox" as pwd displays the message "Wrong user-id or password".
I have attached en excerpt from the server log. 

mibox_log.txt

Hi.  Do you have any security software running on the device or your network?  It is possible some network hawk is stripping information from our requests.

3 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Do you have any security software running on the device or your network?  It is possible some network hawk is stripping information from our requests.

No, it's only my wifi-router which is a Sagemcom from my ISP Comhem.

It happened one time to me too, and it was because I renamed my mibox and ther was a space in its name.

When I removed the space, I was able to connect again.

1 hour ago, badous said:

It happened one time to me too, and it was because I renamed my mibox and ther was a space in its name.

When I removed the space, I was able to connect again.

That doesn't look like the issue here as his log shows an error on the server that looks like information is not getting there.

17 hours ago, Luke said:

Thanks for the feedback. We'll look into it so that workaround isn't needed anymore.

Not sure whether you answered me or badus? What do you mean by workaround?

I strongly suspect that the wifi in my router is the culprit here, for other reasons too. Might get a cheap wifi ap and hook it up to one of the cablemodem/routers eth ports and connect the Mibox to that and see if it works!

One more strange thing. On the homepage of my router where all connected devices are listed, the Mibox doesn't display a host name. It says "Not available". All my other devices display host names. I checked in the Mibox settings and the device name is set to "MIBOX4". Could this possibly be the cause of problem that login is denied because the Emby server doesn't get the host name of the client?

1 hour ago, swehawk said:

login is denied because the Emby server doesn't get the host name of the client?

No but the reason the router doesn't see the host name could be the same reason the other issues are occurring.  Like something is blocking certain information on the device.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, swehawk said:

Works now! Could be due to having updated server to 4.5.4 and/or the app is updated?

Hi.  Not sure why but glad it is working for you now.