Roku App Ignores Quality Settings

knitowskimedia

7 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

But the chapter row is only for one version correct?  Or is it version dependent on selected version?  My current understanding is no UI info is version specific.

Good Question. The chapter/scenes row is version agnostic. It is just a resume point in reality. That is all those actually are. The same way resume works these will. But the issue is pressing PLAY on your Roku remote does not play the focused on chapter. It acts like pressing the PLAY button would do on that screen if you navigated to it. It will start at the beginning.

To get the chapter row to play that chapter you just press OK on your Roku remote. It should play that chapter point. The issue is chapters are read from the first mediasource. So chapters in other versions are not going to be shown I believe.

@ebr Please correct me if I am wrong on any of this. Thanks. ;)

Edited by speechles

Chapters are per item not per version but, as speechles said, they are just positions.  So, selecting one should go to that position in the currently selected version.

Also correct about the remote "play" button so we need clarification on if that is the issue or something else.

knitowskimedia
18 hours ago, speechles said:

Are you pressing the Play button on your Roku remote when selecting a chapter?

I'm pressing the center "ok" button. The chapter plays, but in the default version, not the selected version.

1 minute ago, knitowskimedia said:

I'm pressing the center "ok" button. The chapter plays, but in the default version, not the selected version.

Okay. That is certainly not the expected behavior. I have added this to our issue tracker for the Roku. Playback issues take priority so the fix for this is very important to us. Please stay tuned.

Reference: Issue #998: [Playback] Multi version item does not play correct version after chapter selection

• Like 1