Update for Square not allowing MBC to start

yardameus

yardameus

Just updated square to 1.7.28 and I am unable to start MBC with it installed.  Not much info in the log.  I'll double check to make sure I have the proper log settings checked. 

log:

2014-07-29 10:47:38.3994,Error,,Async thread threw the following exception:  ( Exception.  Type=System.NullReferenceException Msg=Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Src=ThemeVideoBackdrops Method=Item_NavigationInto Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at ThemeVideoBackdrops.Playables.ThemeVideoPlayables.Item_NavigationInto(Object sender,, GenericEventArgs`1 e) [n]    at MediaBrowser.Application.<>c__DisplayClass7.<OnNavigationInto>b__5() [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Threading.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Queue>b__3() ),33,Worker thread for OnNavigationInto

MBC version 3.0.196

techywarrior

I have 196 and Square 1.7.28 running fine. By the look of that error I am guessing there is an issue with Theme Video Backdrops tho. If you need MBC to work while waiting on the fix (not sure if it is an MBC or Square issue) you can uninstall the plugin.

yardameus

That was my guess as well, deleted theme video backdrops, still no dice.  If square is deleted, everything starts fine. 

techywarrior

That was my guess as well, deleted theme video backdrops, still no dice.  If square is deleted, everything starts fine. 

Well, hopefully ST can figure it out and fix it then. Strange that it doesn't happen for me or other people tho.

• Like 1

yardameus

That's my thought as well.  I'll give it a try again tomorrow, maybe try it with other themes removed, just to rule anything else out.