Audio transcoding?

miniliQuid

miniliQuid

Just wondering something since I noticed issues with just a few movies.
Most movies run with 5.1 sound and that seems to get transcoded for phone and tablet.
I would say this makes perfect sense, since neither have the option to give me 5.1 sound.
My guess it gets trancoded simply to stereo or something?

Now with 7.1 sound, it doesn't transcode and starts a direct play.
At that point I get no audio, cause well... again phone and tablet don't have the option to give me 7.1 sound.
Shouldn't this be transcoded to stereo as well?

Those files work fine on emby theater and such, but that direct plays them without issues most of the time.
It does need to transcode the 7.1 if I am right, since my PC has a 5.1 setup.

I am not 100% sure about all of this, but since there are audio options in emby theatre that would make sense?
You can select which kind of audio type is prefered as a setting within the audio options menu.
I have it on auto so for my PC it will simply pick the best option (I suppose at least).

The audio options are not available on phone and tablet though, which made me think it would simply be set to stereo, as any higher is no option.
Is this correct or does it not work like that?

audio.jpg

miniliQuid

Sure, tested one of the star wars files that has issues, hope these are the correct logs.
I was wrong about it not transcoding though, it shows direct play very shortly before transcoding.
Though it doesn't give the transcoding information box to tell me what and why it is transcoding.
Also still no sound of course :(

Edit: has been fixed in the meantime it seems. Not sure how.

Edited by miniliQuid