app.emby.media not working

codefreeze

codefreeze

Hello

I have just setup a Emby server on synology NAS( previously running on windows).  I have setup up a DDNS on my NAS and have Let's encrypt certificate.

I also searched the forum and setup reverse proxy per the instruction here:

What works:

1. Local connection to the Emby server works 

2. On my cellular connection, I am able to get to my server on browser using http://<ddns_host> ( port 80 is forwarded to my NAS --> emby server)

What does not work:

3. When I navigate to app.emby.media using my cellular connection, my Server name shows up , after I login using Emby Connect - but when I click on the server it  fails stating server in not available.

One thing that was done was my server display name was changed from the original name( NAS name).   Even with this #1 and #2 works however #3 does not work.

Weird enough I had the same issue on my Windows server too but I did not report it. 

Any idea why despite me being able to reach ddns hostname , from outside home network, app.emby.media does not work?

Hi, the browser might be rejecting your certificate. Can you provide the contents of the browser debug console? Thanks.

codefreeze

Hi @Luke Thank you for the quick response. Sorry I am not an expert in this,, But attached errors are the only messages I see. Since this is on my iPhone, I had to capture this by connecting to my mac. Please let me know if this helps or if you are expecting something else?image.thumb.png.070449a5008b7a40eef0e0710983f79d.png

I see it referencing my IP rather than the DDNS name.

Edited by codefreeze

pir8radio
5 hours ago, codefreeze said:

yes I am.

my config is on the "about me" tab if you click Luke's link above....   

What kind of proxy, and what does the config look like...    also are you using      domain.com/emby      or    emby.domain.com        the first will have issues with some configs...   best practice is sub domain   like emby.mydomain.com

codefreeze

Thanks @Luke for the pointer.

Thanks @pir8radio for the response. I have used the following instruction which is based on apache 2.4.. Also my ddns comes form synology so it is <connectid>.synology.me.    I am not an expert so kindly be patient with me :)

Please let me know if I have to switch this to ngnix based.

If I connect http://<connectid>.synology.me.  via VPN or cellular network , I am able to reach the emby home page. Only when I reach this via app.emby.media , I get the CORS error.

Followed @CChris instruction 

I have set up the following:

Forwarded 80,443 to my synology NAS from my router. Then have the following:

1668298654_ScreenShot2020-11-25at5_48_00PM.png.f648287af70eaad7824f9cc3335aaa04.png268597606_ScreenShot2020-11-25at5_47_13PM.png.119bd15885222f1e639d425ff24ddbee.png

1256581967_ScreenShot2020-11-25at5_49_09PM.png.0e2a0b7cce73e6ec1096440d17fd4a7f.png

under web/redirect i have placed .htaccess with the following.

cat .htaccess

RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off

RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI}

Header always set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"

It's hard to say add it looks specific to the reverse proxy configuration. If you remove the last part about access control origin does that allow emby to set that response header?