Media Deletion on User with No Permission

leeknight1981

leeknight1981

Hi guy’s 

Ok so iv set my partner up an account so she don’t mess up my watch stats etc, i set it so she can’t delete media ie no box’s are ticked. When I go onto her account I am able to delete media, I have checked and all box’s are Not ticked. I only have family and immediate family but I DO Not want people being able to delete any media from my server from there device. Any advise or tips would be much appreciated 

TIA

l33 

53913B05-02A4-459A-A778-8657E5F0B7B3.jpeg

B22603A3-0A6E-4928-8D93-7D304B7A9182.png

leeknight1981

Deffo logged in as her mate iv never logged in with my account and it says She is watching on dashboard. The pictures on start of the thread are of the same LG tv 

thanks 

L33

F053B216-86B9-4A5A-AC3E-67115F48A27A.png

leeknight1981
On 25/11/2020 at 14:50, Luke said:

Hi, are you sure you're signed in as her account?

Yes I have attached more info below 

leeknight1981
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ok, I can't reproduce this, but @cayars can jump on with you and take a look at it. Thanks.

Excellent I just don’t want people to be able to delete media, iv spoken to them and advised not to and explained it does actually delete it doesn’t just say remove it from Home Screen. 

cheers 

L33

@Luke I'm not sure what I'd be able to do for leeknight1981. 

Possible the LG isn't checking user permissions properly?

I know the server still allows the deletion to take place as well which it shouldn't so it almost sounds like a "double" fault.

@leeknight1981 Can you try something for me.  Login as your partner on a web browser, mobile phone, tablet or any other devices you have and see if this happens on any other devices or if it's just the LG device.  If only on the LG can you log out and then log back in again as a different user that doesn't have delete permissions and see if that person also can delete?

RaptorCentauri

Adding in that this is also happening to me in some manner. My users have no deletion privileges set, however one user is able to delete collections. (tvOS on Apple TV and iOS on iPhone are the confirmed devices). I do not know about the other users or devices. Is there anything I can provide to help an overall solution?

leeknight1981
1 hour ago, cayars said:

@Luke I'm not sure what I'd be able to do for leeknight1981. 

Possible the LG isn't checking user permissions properly?

I know the server still allows the deletion to take place as well which it shouldn't so it almost sounds like a "double" fault.

@leeknight1981 Can you try something for me.  Login as your partner on a web browser, mobile phone, tablet or any other devices you have and see if this happens on any other devices or if it's just the LG device.  If only on the LG can you log out and then log back in again as a different user that doesn't have delete permissions and see if that person also can delete?

Ok I got her signed out and back in Same issue but I’m not there and she’s a bit trick when it comes to IT etc I have checked all 9 family members accounts and No one has media deletion enabled so I’ll message a few and ask if they can see the option or maybe call them to ensure nothings actually deleted. Luckily I only have family on mine and can contact them but it’s worrying others are experiencing similar issues it’s taken me 10 years to build up my collection So need to know it’s safe! From now on I’ll log in and check they can’t see delete option but my one cousin is in New Zealand so bit more difficult. I’ll do some testing and come back to you all