Media Library Path Problems

iamanoffering

iamanoffering

I have set up my QNAP server with good success, have Emby running on it smoothly, and have media files where I thought they were supposed to go. However, there are some problems.

My music library is clearly set to the multimedia>music folder. Yet it doesn't show up in the 'Music' library.

However, all of my music files show up in my home videos and photos library under the folders there.

For some reason, the 'Home Videos and Photos' library goes straight to the root folder of the QNAP folder structure even though I told it to go to a subfolder specifically.

On the 'Home Videos and Photos' library in Emby I see folders for 'homes' 'lost and found' 'multimedia' 'public' and 'web'. I have to drill into the 'homes' folder to get to my home videos and photos. Again, music doesn't show up in the 'music' library in Emby but does show up in a subfolder under 'Home Videos and Photos.' However - it's treated as video/image files instead of music.

I also tried mapping a network drive through the Windows file explorer and putting that into the library settings but things still aren't working.

Any help on this would be much appreciated. Perhaps I set something up in QNAP incorrectly but I've been troubleshooting this for hours to no avail.

iamanoffering

Thanks for responding - I was able to get this fixed.

Turns out you need to be pretty specific with where you put/name folders on the QNAP file structure. I moved everything into a /multimedia folder with subfolders and everything seems to work great now.