French language selected by english sound

nitrup93

nitrup93

Hi all,

On Emby on my LG OLED 55 BX for one of my film collection I have a problem, the French language is selected but the sound is in english.

I test this mkv on windows and is Ok french is french 

Do you know why ?

Informations and screenshot below :

Vidéo

Title4K HEVC
CodecHEVC
ProfilMain 10
Niveau153
Résolution3840x1608
Ratio d’aspect160:67
EntrelacéNon
Images par seconde23,976
Débit13 615 kbps
Gamme vidéoHDR
Couleurs primairesbt2020
Espace colorimétriquebt2020nc
Transfert de couleursmpte2084
Profondeur des échantillons10 bit
Format des pixelsyuv420p10le
Images de référence1

Audio

TitleFrench DTS 5.1 (Default)
LangueFrench
CodecDTS
ProfilDTS
Disposition5.1
Chaînes6 ch
Débit768 kbps
Taux d’échantillonnage48 000 Hz
Par défautOui

Scrennshot.PNG

Hi there, we're working on getting a new release out to the store. Let's see if it still happens once that is available. Thanks.

Can you show me what all the audio tracks are for that movie?

If the LG TV cannot play an audio track it will automatically play the next compatible track.  It does this in such a way that the Emby app does not know about it, so while you you may have selected the first/French track, and that is what Emby believes it is playing, if the track is not supported (ie: TrueHD or DTS) the TV will select the next playable track (ie: AC3/DD5.1 which may be in English)

I suspect this is what is happening.

But Luke is right, in the next update DTS will be converted to another format (AC3/DD5.1) so this will resolve this problem.

• Like 1

nitrup93

Please find below all the audio track

Audio

TitleFrench DTS 5.1 (Default)
LangueFrench
CodecDTS
ProfilDTS
Disposition5.1
Chaînes6 ch
Débit768 kbps
Par défautOui

Audio

TitleEnglish TRUEHD 7.1
LangueEnglish
CodecTRUEHD
Disposition7.1
Chaînes8 ch
Profondeur des échantillons24 bit
Par défautNon

Audio

TitleEnglish AC3 5.1
LangueEnglish
CodecAC3
Disposition5.1
Chaînes6 ch
Débit640 kbps
Par défautNon

It will be playing this track because the first two (DTS and TrueHD) are not supported

TitleEnglish AC3 5.1
LangueEnglish
CodecAC3

Yes, it will convert DTS audio to AC3, but you will most likely find that playback performance will not be acceptable.

For 4K content, DirectPlay is really the only way to ensure smooth playback, therefore no TrueHD or DTS tracks.

If the file does not already have an alternate track in the right language and format, then your best solution is to manually convert the DTS track to DD5.1 and add it to the file as an additional audio stream.   Ideally the first audio stream so that it becomes the default playback item.

nitrup93

Do you have a link or tutorial to  convert the DTS track to DD5.1 and add it to the file as an additional audio stream ?

Edited by nitrup93

7 hours ago, nitrup93 said:

Do you have a link or tutorial to  convert the DTS track to DD5.1 and add it to the file as an additional audio stream ?

Have a look in the emby system folder on the server.  ffmpeg should be located in there.

Go to your emby server system directory and find ffmpeg

Then at a command window use the following to ADD an AC3 track and make it the default track :-

ffmpeg.exe -i input.mkv -map 0:v -map 0:a:0 -map 0:a -map 0:s?  -c:v copy -c:s copy -c:a copy -c:a:0 ac3 -disposition:a:0 default -disposition:a:1 0 output.mkv

It copies all the existing tracks (original quality) and just adds an AC3 track, derived from the 1st Audio track.

This will work on any mkv file incl 4K - it will not touch the original 'input.mkv' file.

Happy2Play

Or you can just get ffmpeg on your system.  You are not limited to use ffmpeg that is packed with Emby to do this process.  You can even look at something like FFMPEG Batch, but there are many programs that can be used to convert/add additional audio tracks from existing tracks.

nitrup93
5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Or you can just get ffmpeg on your system.  You are not limited to use ffmpeg that is packed with Emby to do this process.  You can even look at something like FFMPEG Batch, but there are many programs that can be used to convert/add additional audio tracks from existing tracks.

Ok thx, I try it :)

nitrup93

So i used XMediaRecode and easy to use, copy video to no transcode it and convert the DTS audio channel to AC3 5.1.

We wait the new version of WebOS for desactivate the DTS and use the automatic transcoding on Emby :)

It is quite probable that even with the automatic conversion in the next version that you will find that performance of on-the-fly conversion of the audio track will be unacceptable for a 4K stream, so eventually you will decide that continuing to add additional tracks manually is preferred. 

• Like 1

rbjtech

@SamES

I'm wondering if this function could easily be added into the Emby 'Convert' function to just add an AC3 or AAC soundtrack to the existing Media ?

Presumably the Convert function is just using ffmpeg now do do the video conversions - if so, then I guess the code is simply a matter of passing the file location variables and using a video/sub copy function the same as my CLI version .. ?

Maybe something I could add to the suggestions ?

Untitled.png

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rbjtech said:

@SamES

I'm wondering if this function could easily be added into the Emby 'Convert' function to just add an AC3 or AAC soundtrack to the existing Media ?

Presumably the Convert function is just using ffmpeg now do do the video conversions - if so, then I guess the code is simply a matter of passing the file location variables and using a video/sub copy function the same as my CLI version .. ?

Maybe something I could add to the suggestions ?

Untitled.png

I would create a separate feature request topic for it. Thanks.