Trakt 2.0

CBers

CBers

I assume people that are VIP Trakt users have seen the proposals for Trakt 2.0 ??

For those that aren't VIP users, here are the highlights that were originally posted 8 months ago (I only found out about this today):

Here's what is planned so far:

• Re-architect trakt to support millions of members
  • New website design
  • Mobile web
  • New search algorithm and results
  • New recommendation engine
  • Private messaging
  • Full localization support of the website and all media content (when available)
  • Social logins from twitter, facebook, google+, etc
  • Discover and invite friends from your social networks
  • Improved social sharing for all activities
  • Avoid URL collisions for same name/year movies and shows
  • Multiple datasources including TMDb for TV show data
  • Anything marked stage 2 in UserVoice

We have big plans for the API too:

• oAuth
  • API keys and versions sent as headers (cleaner endpoints)
  • ETags for less data transfer
  • ISO dates with a UTC baseline for everything
  • Better min/extended methods and chaining
  • Improved organization and standardized output

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
hansolo77

Hey has anybody signed up for their VIP access yet?  Apparently (according to their website) Widgets are back!  But they're only a VIP feature.  Kinda sucks, the only reason I wanted Trakt was so I could put the little banner on my signature so people could see what I'm watching.  If it's gonna cost money, it's not worth it.  But the website says it may be just a temporary limitation, based on feedback.  I think we should get some people in there and raise hell that it's not free!

Swynol

ye i noticed the same the other day. I feel the same as you, i love the widget but not sure i want to pay a subscription just for that feature.

ressu

Looks like the widgets work. I've been a VIP for quite some time and this is actually the first time I've used something that was part of it :D

jasonmcroy

Yes, I too miss the banners and saw that now it's only for VIP users. I am looking into what other benefits I would get as a VIP to decide if it's worth it or not. I find the website very useful for reminding me of what is coming up to watch.

ressu

I originally took up the VIP status just to support the service. It's not that expensive when you consider the service trakt offers. But yeah, you need to decide for yourself. I think it's a wrong move to keep the widget as a VIP only.

At least I don't like to be pushed towards being a "supporter" with something like this. Straight out paid service is a more honest way of coming out with services like these. That's actually the reason why I'm a Emby supporter instead of going for Plex (which essentially masked a paid service as "supporter perks").