Samsung UE48J5600 (Tizen) unable to click through media folders/icons in main screen

matrixn

Hi all,

I've installed latest emby app using usb method on Samsung UE48J5600 (Tizen) and successfully connected to my server which is on Synology DS1019+ with latest DSM 6.3, it successfully authenticated and when i wanted to play media i realised that the remote control "Enter" key does nothing when i click on a movie or series to play something. Did anyone encountered this? I've been searching the forum but i can't find this happening anywhere.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Alex.

Edited by matrixn

FrostByte

Yes, J = 2015

The Enter button works fine using version 1.0.86 on my 2018 Q8FN.   I can select a movie and click on play to start a movie 

1 hour ago, matrixn said:

i realised that the remote control "Enter" key does nothing when i click on a movie or series to play something.

How about the "Play" button.  Does that start playback when selecting a movie poster?

Just now, FrostByte said:

Yes, J = 2015

The Enter button works fine using version 1.0.86 on my 2018 Q8FN.   I can select a movie and click on play to start a movie 

How about the "Play" button.  Does that start playback when selecting a movie poster?

I can ask my friend to try and see as is not my personal device. I'll get back to you with a response

1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

Yes, J = 2015

He said is not working either in this way either, i've asked him to make a small video to see more clearly what the issue is...i'll update this post with the video link or upload video if is allowed.

Thanks,

Alex.

Edited by matrixn
  • Like 1

FrostByte

maybe post a log which includes the timeframe your friend tried playing something.  Possible there's something in there

46 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

maybe post a log which includes the timeframe your friend tried playing something.  Possible there's something in there

Here is the log line which happens when he tried to play a video:

image.thumb.png.dd814f111092259da45ae8042ec97806.png

L.E: Added video url

https://streamable.com/wtqp6g

emby.log.txt

Edited by matrixn
added emby log during the time when video was taken
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Luke said:

We're looking into it. Thanks for reporting.

Should i keep looking into this thread for a solution or just try to see if is solved next time a tizen version is out?

@Luke, one thing I've noticed on this version is that during playback, the Enter key used to trigger play/pause, but this is no longer the case.

Maybe something generic has changed in the Enter key detection recently?

On 25/11/2020 at 06:52, matrixn said:

Should i keep looking into this thread for a solution or just try to see if is solved next time a tizen version is out?

Have you tried uninstalling the app and then installing it again?

• Thanks 1

nicke623

I have same issue here on my UE55JU7005 from 2015. Can't browse or start any media. Not even exit the app normally.

Using v4.5.0.2 on my windows machine. Emby for Tizen is the one was uploaded 20 November, can't find version number.

I have tried a couple of things but with no success:

Spoiler
  • Run Emby server as administrator
  • Login with a new user
  • Installed older version of Emby for Tizen
  • Re-installed Emby for Tizen

In the latter It was solved for just a sec. I managed to get into my watchlist and then It stopped working again.

Edited by nicke623
  • Thanks 1

KrisFriFly

I am having this problem as well. 

After pairing the TV with the Emby account I cannot select the server. Play button or Enter button - or no other button seems to work. I tried your dropbox version and it does not work sadly.

Model code: UE65JU7005 

Can't use the pointer either (but I guess that's a feature for the software?)

6 hours ago, KrisFriFly said:

I am having this problem as well. 

After pairing the TV with the Emby account I cannot select the server. Play button or Enter button - or no other button seems to work. I tried your dropbox version and it does not work sadly.

Model code: UE65JU7005 

Can't use the pointer either (but I guess that's a feature for the software?)

Hi, did you see the previous posts?

KrisFriFly
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, did you see the previous posts?

Regarding your test version on Dropbox? Yes I tried that. I stated that in my previous message too. Unfortunately it didn't work.

Any idea what might cause it and how it can be fixed?

Edited by KrisFriFly

2 hours ago, KrisFriFly said:

Regarding your test version on Dropbox? Yes I tried that. I stated that in my previous message too. Unfortunately it didn't work.

Any idea what might cause it and how it can be fixed?

I would try installing that version again. We've verified this resolved it.

KrisFriFly
32 minutes ago, Luke said:

I would try installing that version again. We've verified this resolved it.

Sadly it does not work. I have tried deleting and installing it several  times. The Enter or Play button or any other button does not recognize the click at the server selection screen.

After you uninstall it, make sure your do a full restart of the tv (pull the power for 30 seconds) before installing again from USB